Do you ever cut your nose off to spite your face ?

I do it canny often

Whenever i'm selling stuff and people start bartering with daft offers etc ,if its a message I often don't even answer .I once walked in the house when a bloke came to view a motorbike I was selling,i just left him . Most times I would probably accept a lower price just the way I am

I emailed a clothes site for sizing with the exact item it was
They just replied asking for the product code
so I have to log on his site and type in the item and reply to him with the code !
I just replied Forget it
lazy bassa

any one else do it ?

No I voted Labour............

I refuse to buy dominos pizzas out of principle, that’s not illogical, if they can offer them half price that’s how much they should be all the time.

Doesn’t stop me eating them though, I’m quite happy someone else buying them.

Or not depending on how things pan out.
You’re not not buying them out of principle though. You’re not buying them cos they are a rip off. If you were ignoring the local cheap shop because you fell out with them and paying double at Dominos that would be cutting your nose off.
Hang on a minute. How does this square with your recent visit to the Apple shop?
That’s not shopping, that was going to get something repaired. You tent to have to speak to someone then.

Last edited:
Stopped going to the only half decent chippy in the area (mariners) because they were always stingy with the curry sauce, told them and wouldn't even give me more sauce but less chips :lol:

Had to suffer all the other shite chippies since.
Which bank uses an lgbt flag?
Imagine changing bank cos of a logo? What a weirdo
Think it was barclays for a few weeks. Remember the logo on the app changing on my home screen.

Last edited:
I’ve had poor meal in a place near us and won’t go in for even drinks as the bloke who owns it is a bit of a tit but that’s just a choice in my opinion that I don’t want his services and that’s how I see many of the examples people are quoting.

You’re not not buying them out of principle though. You’re not buying them cos they are a rip off. If you were ignoring the local cheap shop because you fell out with them and paying double at Dominos that would be cutting your nose off.

I am as I don't buy them even when they are half price.
It was the principle thing I was referring to, not cutting your nose off to spite your face anyway.

But because the geezer was rude and dismissive, you opted to sack Apple off and get an after-market battery.
It was more the fact that I wasn’t going to trek back to the metro centre.
Although going by some of the posts on this thread I should have sacked Apple off immediately and bought a Samsung to spite them.

Back