Do you ever cheat on games?

Generally no but if it’s one of those games that makes you replay the same thing over and over again and you can’t move on until you do it then eventually I might relent and have a sneaky peak on YouTube for ideas on how to beat it.

Generally no but if it’s one of those games that makes you replay the same thing over and over again and you can’t move on until you do it then eventually I might relent and have a sneaky peak on YouTube for ideas on how to beat it.

Aye, I'll have a peak on YouTube as a "guide" but that's all. I'd never watch someone complete it on there, I always like to do that part myself at least

Religiously on old GTAs etc, now the penalty of losing achievements normally deters me :oops:

That said made Spyro’s head huge the other day :cool:

As for google, all the time if I’m stuck.

Do you class using a guide as cheating?

If the guide said tap this button combo to unlock God mode then aye. But for me a guide is an aid to the game which can help you out immeasurably when you either don't have time to find out everything yourself or have attempted it but can't do it. Like the rdr2 guide for instance.

If i've played something to death & I just want to mess about i'll whack some cheats in.

If i'm playing something (say an RPG) and I 'know' how to accomplish a task but I can't remember where a vital piece of a puzzle is i'll have a look at a guide. I had to do this a few times on Persona 5 as trying to figure out how to create personas when you'd missed them in normal play was Nightmarish.

But generally no; seems pointless, as your not really playing the game anymore if you constantly cheat.

No, never. What's the point? It's why I hate online play as well, full of cheats or people exploiting loopholes.

Try not to but sometimes it's the only way that will allow me too keep my sanity and continue playing the game.

Remember doing a puzzle in Witcher 3, they are really simple. Had to pick up a lever and stick it in the door mechanism to open it and get out. Found the lever and went round and round the chamber trying to find the a doorway. To the point, I searched every inch of walls clockwise and anti-clockwise with no sign of a second exit.

Watched it done on a walk through so retraced by steps to where I found the lever, walked directly to the doorway (which I'd 'felt' my way past numerous times) and the 'use' message popped up and outline of the doorway was visible. Had me demented and still don't know if it was due to a glitch or some rubbish puzzle design.

Guides are only cheating in certain games. For example. A guide on say GTA to find certain items. Not cheating.

Using a guide on LA Noire to get all the correct answers - cheating

Last time was on The Division when that game was glitch crazy. The first raid they released you could get round the back of the map and sticky bomb the APC to death instead of playing it how it should be.

Back