Do you do a superfluous job?

My job, advocate, should be superfluous because in an equal society it shouldn't be needed but it really is. So many people without a voice because of learning disability, mental health, old age etc. The Whorlton Hall scandal highlights it- shouldn't need someone like me to raise concerns if people don't behave like arseholes. I was involved in closing a similar place in the Midlands and can honestly say of the 22 people there probably only 3 needed to be. Costing a minimum of 2.5k a week for shit care and often much more, sometimes in excess of 5k. Lots of jobs the same, shouldn't be needed but really are essential.

Edging ever closer to revealing your new salary. Just tell us and get it over with man.

Have you just come back from a ban? You’re obsessed with me these days mate.

Currently drinking a can of proper Coca Cola so let’s just say, I’m kind of a big deal these days.
And four Despies of a weekend.

Gutted mate, corner shop sold out of the four pack of cans. Had to get a three pack of bottles. BBQ today after the match, I’m gonna be a mess

Have you just come back from a ban? You’re obsessed with me these days mate.

Currently drinking a can of proper Coca Cola so let’s just say, I’m kind of a big deal these days.

Gutted mate, corner shop sold out of the four pack of cans. Had to get a three pack of bottles. BBQ today after the match, I’m gonna be a mess

I have. And i’m not, I can just see a pattern in your posting and you have a thing about money these days.

Let’s say you were building a society, Sim y City style.
You’re obviously going to start of with the basics, so you need food, power, water, sanitation, construction, engineering, medicine, law enforcement and banking (and probably some more)
Anyone in those industries is important.
But once you move away from those, how many jobs are still important? Do we need Entertainment? Media? Politics? Advertising? Sales?

Where do you draw the line of importance?

I don;t think a single politician has had a significant impact on my life since the Brexit vote. The trouble is once they make a decision, it could be a very negative impact.

It's easy to know whether your job is worthwhile or not. Do you produce any goods or services needed by others?

A very good proportion of work currently is futile and useless. Just administering capitalism. It seems obvious that if we could find a way to work out how much we need to consume and how many man hours of work we need to produce it, we could divide it up amongst us and work about 6 hours a week and retire at the same sort of age as footballers.

It's easy to know whether your job is worthwhile or not. Do you produce any goods or services needed by others?

A very good proportion of work currently is futile and useless. Just administering capitalism. It seems obvious that if we could find a way to work out how much we need to consume and how many man hours of work we need to produce it, we could divide it up amongst us and work about 6 hours a week and retire at the same sort of age as footballers.

Good morning Karl Marx.

Back