Do you do a superfluous job?

There is another book I think called The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig or something. They use concrete, barbed wire etc and he uses dynamite. My boys love it.
My little cherub likes it as well. I think it would be better with a proper Roald Dahl ending though as the current one is right cop out. :lol:

Let’s say you were building a society, Sim y City style.
You’re obviously going to start of with the basics, so you need food, power, water, sanitation, construction, engineering, medicine, law enforcement and banking (and probably some more)
Anyone in those industries is important.
But once you move away from those, how many jobs are still important? Do we need Entertainment? Media? Politics? Advertising? Sales?

Where do you draw the line of importance?
“Anyone” in those industries! :lol: Naive beyond words.
How would the world service without people in advertising, telemarketing, cold call sales, and those gimps who stand on street corners spinning a giant board with “WE BUY YOUR GOLD” painted on it?

It must be a great feeling to know that one day you could literally be replaced by a wooden post.
So you obviously consider the “ Golf Sale” sign holders essential.
Its weird ,you're a builder fixing a blokes house who works at Nissan making cars for people who sell sofas to people who do landscaping for people who hire skips to builders
....and 90% of em wish they were somewhere else in the chain.
Under floorboards.
@Wilfy to thread @Wilfy to thread.
I don;t think a single politician has had a significant impact on my life since the Brexit vote. The trouble is once they make a decision, it could be a very negative impact.
Even billionaires are affected everyday by the bastards.
Have you changed any money to go abroad in the last three years? Every time one of em opens their mouths a San Miguel and a pizza in the sun costs a little bit more.
I get a bit dusty at the high end of the London property market. Basically places that will nivver ivver be seen on right move. Which means I’ve been as superfluous as its possible to be for 25yrs.
Did a bit for society via council/housing trust work for a few months back in the early 90s though and I did rub a sawdust/pva mix into @HellsBells rented flats laminate floor after her cat pissed in the joints and they opened up and advised @muppett to get a hasp/staple n padlock before b&q shut after she’d been broken into in that there London if that counts?
All that essential sawdustry work tends to be physically demanding and badly paid anarl. Sod that. So for that reason I’m out of herbals new society.

Last edited:

Back