Do you believe time travel is possible?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

If you could travel quicker than the speed of light, yes.

At the moment I have a documentary on about the FA Cup in the 70's. If, say, a planet 40 light years away had powerful enough technology to take 'live pictures, but then I travelled to that planet on the final whistle.

As far as that planet is concerned, they're watching it live, but I would be searching for a betting shop to put money on Arsenal beating Man Utd 3-2 and Alan Sunderland to score the winning goal.

YEAH, just drive through Ferryhill Station for the experience, sure I saw Elvis last time I passed through.
You aren't the only one who has seen him. I have seen him too marra.
Going forwards yes. We are all doing it currently and it has already been proven that clocks (and therefore time) run slower when they travel at high speeds.

if it was possible to travel backwards in time we would already have seen the consequences.
It is clearly possible to manipulate time its happening all around us all of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going forwards yes. We are all doing it currently and it has already been proven that clocks (and therefore time) run slower when they travel at high speeds.

if it was possible to travel backwards in time we would already have seen the consequences.
Yes according to Einstein's special theory of relativity, time is not absolute.

... So the faster you go then the slower you age from the perspective of the stationary observer back at home.

So if you travel in a car at 50 mph you will age infinitesimaly less than your missus sitting at home . Not that she'd notice

To make time significantly slow down you would need to be travelling at speed of light...

But that isn't possible because mass also increases with speed & at speed of light you would be infinitely massive .

It wouldn't be possible to get anywhere close to light speed therefore

- despite what Capn Kirk might think

Last edited:

Back