Do you believe time travel is possible?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Well it's apparently been proven on a very tiny scale IMSC, time travel forwards that is and not on people or anything like that :)
Saying we can travel forward in time is as nutty as saying we can travel back in time - put that one in your pipe and smoke it ;)
Using Einsteins theory, we can delay time, so that would bring you to what you believe in your head is the "future"

I cant see anyway to go back though, just my tuppence worth.
Yes. I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw Brian Cox at the mag Arena earlier this year, he said it was/would kind of be possible but I didn’t have much of a clue what he was talking about, prisms, wiggly lines and physicist stuff, sounded clever but he could have been making it up.

So, as we can’t travel faster than light, we need to find a way to bend space-time, which as has been mentioned several times, is explained in Interstellar.
If you could go back in time, but on the proviso you could only observe and not divulge anything by blending in with the locals, how long do you think you could last without giving yourself away?

Last edited:
We saw Brian Cox at the mag Arena earlier this year, he said it was/would kind of be possible but I didn’t have much of a clue what he was talking about, prisms, wiggly lines and physicist stuff, sounded clever but he could have been making it up.

Its all simple if you watch the film
So, as we can’t travel faster than light, we need to find a way to bend space-time, which as has been mentioned several times, is explained in Interstellar.

yep, gravity

Last edited:
One thing I started thinking about, is energy can’t be created or destroyed only converted to one form from another, and mass and energy are interchangeable. That means at any particular time in the Universe, the amount of mass/energy will always be the same.

If you took yourself from 2019 back to 1973, you woule be removing energy from 2019 and putting it into 1973, creating an imbalance. It would mean the amount of energy in the universe is no longer constant. Does this not make it impossible?

Back