Do you believe Aliens are already here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Even scratching the surface of Ufology I cant help but believe Aliens are already here. Last thing I would say was take me to your leader though so to ask a second question, What is the first thing you would say to an Alien? I'll enjoy reading the replies with my tin foil hat on and my crack pipe.
I hope your anal probe is less chubby than the fat bird’s finger I did on holiday circa 1990.

😂

Alright, I don't think you were paying attention.

So.

People created gods..it then became a religion. Do you seriously think someone set up shop and said, "oi, I've decided this god made all this so I've set this church up, give me money!"

No! Different religions formed but as early homo sapiens, it was generally agreed there was something/somethings in charge.

Organised religion came later, not much later in some cases, but later.

If you can't grasp this chicken and egg scenario then there is no point.

And yes, the conversation is over when either of us say, we just don't respond!

Balderdash.
People “creating” gods IS religion. Nevertheless early ”religions“ were some clever/evil/mad fucker making up shit to control the other more gormless fuckers. On whatever scale.
early Homo sapiens having consensus? Did they have meetings to ‘generally agree’ this shit?
Something in charge - don’t be ridiculous.

Balderdash.
People “creating” gods IS religion. Nevertheless early ”religions“ were some clever/evil/mad fucker making up shit to control the other more gormless fuckers. On whatever scale.
early Homo sapiens having consensus? Did they have meetings to ‘generally agree’ this shit?

😂

Okay, you can win. There was one person in history that created gods and religion all in one go.

Something in charge...erm that's religion...stupid I know but people believe it!

You are very angry! Are you short?
How do you know about the probes?
He visited Texas between 1980 and 1990!

Oh they’ll have probes. Actually that’s bullshit, they’ll have advanced none evasive scanning systems that are far superior to a Scottish lasses digit that’s trying to get you going due to excess alcohol.
Did you visit Texas between 1980 and 1990?

The conditions in the entire development of Earth to produce life as we know it (an environment with liquid water, oxygen rich, UV protection, atmosphere etc) feel like they should be pretty rare, and what we have seen of exoplanets so far suggests such environments are not common. Given that, I doubt if the Universe is teaming with complex life, but given the size of the Universe, odds are that there is more of it out there. I would be very surprised if we found just our galaxy had a civilization around every star, like star trek.

The other thing is, would intelligent life exist at the same time as us and be technologically advanced? 117 years ago humankind made their first powered flight of 12 seconds. The Universe is 13.7 billion years old and the earth 4.5 billion years old. Homosapiens are estimated at 300,000 years old. It feels like we are invincible, have been here a long time and will be here for a long time to come, but on the galactic scale we are living in the blink of an eye. There is a good chance that complex life will evolve on other worlds, there is a very good chance it has been and gone with only dust remaining.

It is staggering really to think about it. One star of interest is Betelgeuse, at around 700 light years away. While there are many closer stars, that is not considered to be that far away in astronomy terms. It is the bright reddish star in Orion which can be seen above the southern horizon at the minute, and worth watching as it could go supernova at any point soon (soon to astronomers is 10,000 years or so). While that one is unlikely to currently support a planet hospitable to life, if they could see earth now, they would see the likes if St George on the crusades. Many of our castles have been built but are being expanded and developed. The massive outbreak of black plague has not yet swept across Europe.

The chances of complex intelligent life finding each other are probably quite slim.

What would be interesting is to see what life from other worlds looks like. Evolution has shaped us to be as we currently are, but would a different starting point produce something quite different. Although said to be the same source going back millions of years, look at some of the slim sharks like thresher sharks, and dolphins. Both look quite similar, have the same basic shape, but internally very different. One is a fish, one is a mammal. Internal organs are different, one does not have gills. If you look at the skeleton of a whale or dolphin, you find the pectoral fins have bones that look just like our 5 fingers. While we have massive diversity, the same patterns are repeated throughout nature on our planet.

Hunger has been a huge influence in shaping us. One reason why we don't have 4 arms is because it would not give a huge advantage but would be a greater body mass to maintain in hard times. It is just not cost effective to have 4 arms. You have to suspect that there is a good chance that life on other worlds has gone through similar processes and may look quite similar to us. These Doctor Who aliens with loads of tentacles poking out their heads constantly waving around doing nowt would be very unlikely to happen. Growing, refreshing and supporting them require food and water along with energy (more food) to wave them around needlessly. In a famine those with crazy head stuff would starve quicker than those without.

The Universe is 13.7 billion years old and the earth 4.5 billion years old.
Good info marra.
'Back in early 1997 I was driving my mother to my aunties from Grangetown to Silksworth. It was about 6.00pm and dusk setting in. As I was driving behind Tunstall hill down Hope road I saw two very bright lights which at first I thought were spotlights on aeroplanes in formation. But then when I pointed them out to my mother I thought they were far to low and close together, I then thought Helicopters.
As I drove along this road they flew over my car at about 500ft above me. To my shock I noticed the were round white glowing spheres of light about the size of a cars. When we got to the top of the bank at silksworth next to my aunties I stopped the car and we got out. The round spheres were stationary above tunstall hill(about 300ft above it). What happened next amazied me and my mother, my auntie who came to watch and her neigbour.
The balls of light started to copy each other with sequenced pattens of switching totally on and off. Five slow flashes(copied by other sphere) ten fast(copied again). This went on for about 2 mins. Then they started darting about the sky in horizontal lines, back and forth, from instant acceleration to stopping instantly on a pin point. They Then started to perform right angle turns(no craft we know of can do that). After a few more right angles one shot above the other and fell in the motion of a falling leaf. It then merged into the other sphere. Then it darted all over for about 30 seconds,stopped, split apart into two again, they started the flashing on and off sequence. They shot off towards Newcastle and fantastic speed.
It was on the radio later that night that a woman in newcastle had seen two balls of light over blydon. The time was about 20 minutes after our sighting.'
1997 was the year the SOL used floodlights and lit up the sky. I saw it too at was surreal and looked like something out of this world but it was just the SOL floodlights.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing is, would intelligent life exist at the same time as us and be technologically advanced? 117 years ago humankind made their first powered flight of 12 seconds. The Universe is 13.7 billion years old and the earth 4.5 billion years old. Homosapiens are estimated at 300,000 years old.
That's the crux of the matter. I believe no they wont exist in the same time zone as us but its complicated as we will see them in our time zone if we met an alien.

Balderdash.
Chimpanzees have been found to make 'shrines' out of trees by stacking rocks in front of them. Maybe religion is inherent in species that have enough brain tools to create a recipe of imagination and communication that enables that.

What do chimp ‘temples’ tell us about the evolution of religion?

The thing is that the people in charge generally believe in the religion as powerfully as their underlings.

Imo he concept of religion was formed because we have those imagination tools and we are more complex than chimps. I think it's the other way around. The concept comes first, then as humans we turn that into a hierarchical structure and then that structure is hijacked by men for them own reasons which could be political or simply he power of belief that they are right. Religion has sprouted in too many places independent of each other for it to be a nefarious means of social control by single 'mad fuckers wanting to seize power. That's just too 'neat' an explanation to me.

I have no idea what this has to do with aliens mind. Religion exists because we have imagination and we can communicate that imagination to others. As far as I'm aware no religion started with an alien myth at its core and spread from that.
I'm sure someone has mentioned the The Drake Equation by now.

Last edited:
“Shrines” classic anthropomorphization, with a dose of projection thrown in aswell. Obvs imho.
When people begin to come together in groups the benign ‘leaders’ who may emerge due to inate ability, foresight or perspicacity are replaced by more controlling types sooner or later. Whether due to local disagreements or ‘nefarious means’. Human nature will out. Nothing neat about it. Savage and messy - but human.
Early ‘religion’ wasn’t a concept. Human beans have always been at the whim of nature. They looked skyward and saw the sun & moon. The seas, rivers, winds, etc as well as natural disasters, confirmed their relative powerlessness. Plants growing is magical. A walk in the woods is eerie even in daytime. Beasts and monsters in the darkness don’t need much imagination. Feelings like this are natural and tied to ‘fight or flight’ at least as part of the range of abilities that allowed HS to thrive. IMHO like.
Many societies revere their ancestors, have shrines to them and pray to them. Even though they don’t regard those ancestors as ‘gods’. It’s human to seek solace, help, or guidance wherever we can find it.

I saw a flying saucer it was over Roker Pier

With flashing lights and lasers, guns and rockets, all the gear

It hovered for a moment like a giant flying pie

If pies had lights and lasers, guns and rockets and could fly

I’d sat down with a can of fizzy pop and cheesy chips

The last thing on my mind was flying pies and rocket ships

But there it was beside the lighthouse, hanging in the air

A beam of light from underneath with me caught in the glare

I saw a flying saucer and it took me for a ride

To some weird and distant planet or it could have been Teesside

We had a conversation, though I never saw them speak

There was no anal probing but I’m going back next week

.....Imo he concept of religion was formed because we have those imagination tools and we are more complex than chimps. I think it's the other way around. The concept comes first, then as humans we turn that into a hierarchical structure and then that structure is hijacked by men for them own reasons which could be political or simply he power of belief that they are right. Religion has sprouted in too many places independent of each other for it to be a nefarious means of social control by single 'mad fuckers wanting to seize power. That's just too 'neat' an explanation to me.....

Good post and this part in particular struck true. Independently around the world most ancient peoples were in awe of nature. Long before settled civilisations while people were still nomadic they formed a relationship with the forces of nature and personified those forces with deities like Indra (storms) and Agni (lightning) such as the Indo Europeans. As tribes formed so did intermediaries such as shamen and priests. Hierarchies among the gods themselves were formed and those structures among men became more established as the move to settled communities emerged. By the time such religion reached Northern Europe, Agni had become Thor with kings appointed by the divine deities, the will of the gods. The whole thing developed over time into a system used to control the masses. There's a natural progression involved.
Rain and lightning came from above as did the light and warmth of the day. They looked to the sky and saw form in the clouds much as we do even now as children.

Last edited:
“Shrines” classic anthropomorphization, with a dose of projection thrown in aswell. Obvs imho.
When people begin to come together in groups the benign ‘leaders’ who may emerge due to inate ability, foresight or perspicacity are replaced by more controlling types sooner or later. Whether due to local disagreements or ‘nefarious means’. Human nature will out. Nothing neat about it. Savage and messy - but human.
Early ‘religion’ wasn’t a concept. Human beans have always been at the whim of nature. They looked skyward and saw the sun & moon. The seas, rivers, winds, etc as well as natural disasters, confirmed their relative powerlessness. Plants growing is magical. A walk in the woods is eerie even in daytime. Beasts and monsters in the darkness don’t need much imagination. Feelings like this are natural and tied to ‘fight or flight’ at least as part of the range of abilities that allowed HS to thrive. IMHO like.
Many societies revere their ancestors, have shrines to them and pray to them. Even though they don’t regard those ancestors as ‘gods’. It’s human to seek solace, help, or guidance wherever we can find it.
Especially those named 'Heinz'.

Back