Do you barter?

Last time I proper haggled I got £150 off the settees when we moved in the new house. Always try to if buying large items.

Depends on what for really.

I’m unlikely to take a reduced sandwich in Tesco to the self service checkout and ask it to take 20p off.

Mind, i once bought a 6 pack of buns, then at checkout i noticed the pack only contained 5. When i pointed it out lass on till said she'll go & get a swap, i asked if i could still have them but at half price. They agreed so i got 2 free buns.

Mind, i once bought a 6 pack of buns, then at checkout i noticed the pack only contained 5. When i pointed it out lass on till said she'll go & get a swap, i asked if i could still have them but at half price. They agreed so i got 2 free buns.

Congratulations. Sure that was well worth it :lol:

Car garage were pretty rude when I tried a while back and taken back I'd ask....no idea why. Polite no is sufficient, but went on to explain they were making nothing on it.

Car garage were pretty rude when I tried a while back and taken back I'd ask....no idea why. Polite no is sufficient, but went on to explain they were making nothing on it.

What ive found bizzare is the dearer the car the less manouvre. On an expensive car I was told in 3 places “thats the price, end of”. Maybe a smaller marketplace?

People giving up answers too easy on this thread.....give me £2.48 and I'll tell you.

Back