Do we need anymore Midfielders ?

Steeeeed86

Winger
I’m just not sure we do.

As thing stand , am counting we have about 9/ 10 including wingers.

I’m hoping JR favours a 2 up top this time around , so that limits the numbers we will need in the middle.

I know that Dobson is linked.

So what is the guess for other positions he wants ?
Can see another LB coming in if Oviedo goes.
And Im hoping for Striker as well.

Thoughts?

I’m just not sure we do.

As thing stand , am counting we have about 9/ 10 including wingers.

I’m hoping JR favours a 2 up top this time around , so that limits the numbers we will need in the middle.

I know that Dobson is linked.

So what is the guess for other positions he wants ?
Can see another LB coming in if Oviedo goes.
And Im hoping for Striker as well.

Thoughts?
We have lots of midfielders but what we don’t have is variation. They’re all much the same.

Donald spoke of 6-8 players. We’ve signed maybe three players for the first team squad in McLaughlan, Burge and Willis.

Oviedo will probably leave so we’ll need another left back. I’d like a big athletic midfield player to give us something we lack, maybe a Morgan replacement for the wing and another striker.

If he wants to play 4-2-3-1 we must sign a quality 10. Another season of honeyman there will mean no promotion.
I don’t see us signing a number 10. Maguire, Embleton and Honeyman will compete for it.
I think we’ll sign Dobson, a winger and a striker. A left back when Oviedo goes and another CB if we can shift one of the lads we have.

It's a tough one. Depends on formation. I think we will see a lot of Robson this year like. With power carrying a nasty injury , it will be his chance. Needs to take it this time.
Hopefully he can stay free of injury and get a decent run in the team

Whilst we have lots of bodies in midfield, there are to many in either the same roles or have similar attributes.

As you see on the line up thread we are still either picking a formation to suit what we currently have in midfield or putting square pegs in round holes.

We need variation

Back