Do we need anymore Midfielders ?

The criteria for signing any player, for any position, should be as follows.

Firstly, is he better than what we already have ? Thus, is he more talented; does he bring something different and which is currently lacking (for example, mobility, pace, creativity, etc.); is his attitude going to be right.

Secondly, can the club afford him, both in terms of any fee required and within the effective financial cap on wages ?

Thirdly, is he prepared to come to the club on the terms it is prepared to offer ?

I'd take Dobson, Maddison and a LB and id be happy with business done this summer. I'm sure our two strikers will come good this season.
They were fucked over by a massive lack of creativity. I'm sure we were like 20th or something in the chances created table. We just happened to be lucky that in the first half of the season Maja only needed 1 chance.

I’m just not sure we do.

As thing stand , am counting we have about 9/ 10 including wingers.

I’m hoping JR favours a 2 up top this time around , so that limits the numbers we will need in the middle.

I know that Dobson is linked.

So what is the guess for other positions he wants ?
Can see another LB coming in if Oviedo goes.
And Im hoping for Striker as well.

Thoughts?

Based on last season we do. Power and Leadbitter weren't up to it at times. Gooch and Honeyman were both poor.

We've also lost Morgan.

I like McGeouch and think he will be given a chance providing he's fit.

I like Robson, I think he has potential but injuries are a concern with him. Will Kimpioka be playing on the wing? He's young but he can be hit and miss. Unsure about Embleton although he seemed well thought of during his loan spell at Grimsby last season.

McGeady is our best player, but when he's out, we struggle to create anything.

The King is quality.

Last edited:
Centre midfield we are overloaded with and fink we need to get rid of one minimum to bring some in ideally leadbitter

Wingers we need one winger

Biggest signing of the season a player to play behind the striker we are desperate for a quality number 10 if honeyman is kept there we are fucked honeyman is a decent centre mid but a awful attacking mid

They were fucked over by a massive lack of creativity. I'm sure we were like 20th or something in the chances created table. We just happened to be lucky that in the first half of the season Maja only needed 1 chance.

Maddison and McGeady would change that. Along with Robson Embleton and Maguire playing their part. Just got to try maddison over the line.

I’m just not sure we do.

I’m hoping JR favours a 2 up top this time around , so that limits the numbers we will need in the middle.

Thoughts?
I guess most of the ones we have are not good enough.

I’m just not sure we do.

Thoughts?
I don't think we need any "more" unless we are going to change the type of players we have. McGeouch, Leadbitter and Power are very similar, so if we were to ship one of those out the door and bring in a Dobson-type of player then I would be all for that.

Back