Do Sunderland Council actually do any recycling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed t'other day that the binmen emptied the papers out of the caddie into the main blue bin prior to emptying that into the bin wagon.

Also chanced upon a YT video of Sunderland binmen emptying a roadside litter bin which could have contained all sorts into a nearby blue bin before emptying that into the bin wagon.

Do the council actually do any recycling or should we simply treat our blue bins as a normal wheelie-bin?

I think it all gets sorted somewhere else anyway. You probably could stick anything in the blue bin as long as it's not too noticeable and there you go - weekly bin collections again!

i used to drive the artics, on a 3/11 shift the lads used to just tip all the bottle/can banks in to the back for landfill:lol:, i have lived in this house 2 years, lived in my last house 12 years, my recycle bins have never ever been used :lol:

There's only x amount of recycling trucks so if any are off the road (inspections, breakdowns, etc etc...) they have to use a different truck which will not have a seperate place for paper, that's why it was all put in together.

My recycle bin didn't get emptied for about 6 months (none of the other lazy fuckers in my street even bother to put the blue bin out) and after 1 email and three phonecalls to the council some bloke came and emptied it into the back of the council waste vans.

The proper blue truck comes now to be fair like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back