Do any male comedians make you laugh?

I like good stand up but I don’t reallt like jokes. Stewart Lee is to me the greatest stand up. I can’t think of any female stand ups or comedians that make me laugh, but sure there are some.

Edit, I like clunk, and that lass off the IT crowd.

I know of Bill Bailey, not the other two ,( though I might recognise them if I saw them.)

Jim Jeffries at first glance is an abrasive foul-mouthed Australian feller, but if you allow yourself to look past the swearing he's actually a very clever man and a very funny comedian.

Stewart Lee was half of "Lee and Herring" back in the 90's (Lee And Herring's Fist Of Fun, This Morning With Richard NOT Judy), co-wrote Jerry Springer - The Opera, but primarily nowadays does stand-up solo. He's a very unconventional standup, with some "bits" getting very theatrical at times. Another very clever and very funny comedian.

Jim Jeffries at first glance is an abrasive foul-mouthed Australian feller, but if you allow yourself to look past the swearing he's actually a very clever man and a very funny comedian.

Stewart Lee was half of "Lee and Herring" back in the 90's (Lee And Herring's Fist Of Fun, This Morning With Richard NOT Judy), co-wrote Jerry Springer - The Opera, but primarily nowadays does stand-up solo. He's a very unconventional standup, with some "bits" getting very theatrical at times. Another very clever and very funny comedian.
I'll look out for them.

The thread was only there lightly because someone had posted do female comediennes make you laugh?

Perhaps it should be " which comedian makes you laugh? Gender , ideally , wouldn't come in to it.

I've just posted my list on Hells Bells's thread which I interpreted as standup or sitcom based and it's all male. On reflection I haven't really seen many female stand ups.

I didn't consider comedy actresses but Julia Louis-Dreyfus was brilliant in Seinfeld and to a lesser extent in Veep. I think Victoria Coren is funny as a TV host. The bits I've seen of Sarah Silverman I've quite liked - Amy Schumer less so.

If Sarah Millican is on TV I have to leave the room.

Jasper Carrott - great story teller

Dave Allen - see above

Kevin Bloody Wilson - early songs and stand up on between was class

Les Dawson - documentary on five last night reminded me how good he was.

have these people never seen Seinfeld? Elaine is consistently funny. Plus countless female guest stars on it.
parks and rec - full of funny women
It's such a stupid notion i feel my iq lower as I discuss it!
I think it's because the TV pushes crap like shappi corshandi or whatever her name is.

Women telling good jokes are just as funny as men doing the same
But if you can't figure out why men aren't interested in women who do very specific women's issues sets, then you're really missing the point

Stewart Lee
Good case in point. Hardly anything he does is gender specific. Could just as easily be a lass and it would be just as funny

Does anyone remember when Stewart Lee did this piece about internet comments. Most of them were from people on here like the one who met him when he was going out with a relative of his. Even though he mistakenly refers to them being on a Sheffield forum.

I have watched Stewart Lee on TV several times and can confirm he has not made me laugh once. Neither has Ricky Gervais, Micky Flanagan, Lee Mack and Rob Brydon.

Back