DLA for son

So in other words expect the worst when we get it back through.

Might as well get started on the MR now and try and see how long it'll take for an appeal
Have a look for a company called Fightback, you pay but they are second to none in winning claims.

Just came home and the missus says they’ve put £434 in her account but we’ve had no contact from them. She thinks she got the forms on March 8th but didn’t send them till around March 18th. Would this be medium bracket? I take it we’ll get a letter detailing the breakdown?

Just came home and the missus says they’ve put £434 in her account but we’ve had no contact from them. She thinks she got the forms on March 8th but didn’t send them till around March 18th. Would this be medium bracket? I take it we’ll get a letter detailing the breakdown?
They money should be backdated to when you requested the forms. I got over £2000 in back money when first given PIP.

When my daughter got her DLA her first payment was put into my account first (backdated) then I got the letter from them a few days later. You will get an award letter soon. It is very common to get your first payment before you hear anything from them.

Have a look at these rates of pay & how long ago you sent the forms off as it will be backdated to then. You might be able to work it out from this.

Care component weekly
Higher rate £87.65
Middle rate £58.70
Lower rate £23.20

When my daughter got her DLA her first payment was put into my account first (backdated) then I got the letter from them a few days later. You will get an award letter soon. It is very common to get your first payment before you hear anything from them.

Have a look at these rates of pay & how long ago you sent the forms off as it will be backdated to then. You might be able to work it out from this.

Care component weekly
Higher rate £87.65
Middle rate £58.70
Lower rate £23.20
Looks like medium rate. His physio said medium to high like

Got the letter through today from the DWP. He's staying at the middle rate care component but only been given the lower rate mobility.

Considering he has cerebral palsy, significant learning development problems (he's almost 6 and working at the ability of a 30 month old), and has serious difficulty walking without a splint and sometimes needs his specially adapted buggy when his joints seize, it's beyond a bloody joke.

Been waiting since the end of February to get that decision as well.

Oh well mandatory reconsideration will be underway asap.

Anybody with any knowledge of how long the appeals process normally takes and any help with it would be greatly appreciated right now.

Back