Dj Huey, binni, Smokey Joe, spen, Yoz,

Some reasonable records on it. Some of the mixing sounds a bit shady tbh.

One of the not so good ones that always does the rounds I was referring to.

The one that starts with TFO - Just Keep In Your Love, tho...
- It hasn't debuted on youtube, yet

I'm bumping it now :) Let's see what track2 is

2 - "If there's hell below"..
3 - Decadance - Jump To It

Last edited:

2 - "If there's hell below".. Glam - Hells Party :p
3 - Decadance - Jump To It

Turned shite about 91 when clubs were playing rubbish like ‘Mr Kirk’s Nightmare’, ‘Dominator’ and T99
It pains me to say it :D, but this man knows his onions ... when the music got harder the scene became a bit chavvy IMO and the cool kids bailed out for a while

Carl Cox must be about 80 these days.
Can remember having this on a superb compilation album which might have even got of @td586 .

Anyone know what it was? Might have had Ramirez on as well.

Last edited:
Love reading threads like this, absolutely gutted I missed out on the likes of Havana, The Blue, The Venue, AD1 & the beginnings of AD2. I'd kill to have been part of the early 90's scene.

Whoever mentioned DJ Destroy & Jimmy - top class man.

Edit: Oh and the pingers man original doves, snowballs & the likes you jammy, jammy bastards.

Last edited:
Carl Cox must be about 80 these days.
Can remember having this on a superb compilation album which might have even got of @td586 .

Anyone know what it was? Might have had Ramirez on as well.

Look at him now

Logon or register to see this image

He looks younger if anything
Love reading threads like this, absolutely gutted I missed out on the likes of Havana, The Blue, The Venue, AD1 & the beginnings of AD2. I'd kill to have been part of the early 90's scene.

Edit: Oh and the pingers man original doves, snowballs & the likes you jammy, jammy bastards.
I don't want to gloat, but it was up there as the best times of my life

Last edited:
looking at the comps it's on, it didn't come from me mate
Fuck knows then. Thought I might have got it from Dean St (Looney tunes?) but don’t think it was open that early. Not really the sort of thing I liked to play but it stuck in my mind as I like the compo.

Remember getting a Aphex Twin (didn’t know it was him when I bought it) through Durham Volume 12”. Italic Eyeball-Caustic Window on a white label. Wish I had that fucker now.

Last edited:

I've thought the same too...a couple of lads on this thread, say they'd had enough by 91 and that's fair enough. I was 17, green as grass and had some heavy family stuff going on at home and going to the monkey, was my escape. I wish i'd have been a couple of years older and maybe living through the period from 86 onwards.

as for the little un's. when the doves seems to dry up, autumn 91, the quality dropped. so a friend tells me.

This was more my forte, lowping about in Polo and a handful of Mr Freeze ice pops.
with Ashy, MC Turbo D Bethel :lol:.

Speaking of C. Cox earlier, he played in Serbia with another oldie like, I wanna say, Danny Tenaglia or something; for four hours through the night. Sounded class and loud.
Some reasonable records on it. Some of the mixing sounds a bit shady tbh.

It's Richi-P on here. His 'style' allover :)

Can anyone on here remember the week before the blue monkey changed into a rave club. Let me digress for those who may or may not have been there, but 1 or maybe 2 weeks before the blue monkey changed into a rave club there was another little known, but hugely packed out club just at the bottom of Mowbray rd called POGO. If memory serves well it had Justin Maugham, Yoz I think and Dj Spen for sure on it. The place was rammed out with a half split of the Havana folk and lots of out of towers. Well from being rammed first week, it had the blue monkey open up rave style or whatever and this POGO night just evaporated. What a shame as this had all the ingredients to be a great club. Does anyone on here remember it, or Number 13 further up the road with Nonky Norman on the decks.
Turned shite about 91 when clubs were playing rubbish like ‘Mr Kirk’s Nightmare’, ‘Dominator’ and T99
You not like magic roundabout then ha
Can anyone on here remember the week before the blue monkey changed into a rave club. Let me digress for those who may or may not have been there, but 1 or maybe 2 weeks before the blue monkey changed into a rave club there was another little known, but hugely packed out club just at the bottom of Mowbray rd called POGO. If memory serves well it had Justin Maugham, Yoz I think and Dj Spen for sure on it. The place was rammed out with a half split of the Havana folk and lots of out of towers. Well from being rammed first week, it had the blue monkey open up rave style or whatever and this POGO night just evaporated. What a shame as this had all the ingredients to be a great club. Does anyone on here remember it, or Number 13 further up the road with Nonky Norman on the decks.

Got to be up on this

Got to be up on this
Real breakbeat for the purist

Last edited:

Back