DIY CCTV Hikvision.

laugh my head off at people spending £££££s on cctv ,"crystal clear at night" they brag

Its no good if the theiving tw@t is in all black with a baraclava and wooly hat on ! my mates van got broke into ,looked at his cctv crystal clear black sillouette going in and out of van, police cant do nothing ,nothing to go on.
A loud quality alarm is the way .

Thats why its strange people will pay 000s for cctv but wont pay 100 odd quid for a really good dash cam. Get a one that comes on even when the car is off and it gives you an extra cam right at eye level rather than from up a height.

Thats why its strange people will pay 000s for cctv but wont pay 100 odd quid for a really good dash cam. Get a one that comes on even when the car is off and it gives you an extra cam right at eye level rather than from up a height.
I can’t understand why car manufacturers havnt bought into this yet, many have cameras, front, rear and in the mirrors, already why can’t these be used as a dash camera.
I must admit my dash cam isn’t wired into a permanent live as I didn’t know if it would drain the battery, it’s easy to switch over mind, just a fuse piggy backed.

I can’t understand why car manufacturers havnt bought into this yet, many have cameras, front, rear and in the mirrors, already why can’t these be used as a dash camera.
I must admit my dash cam isn’t wired into a permanent live as I didn’t know if it would drain the battery, it’s easy to switch over mind, just a fuse piggy backed.

I know citroen now have built in dash cams. They have for a few rtcs ive been to

They use little power and if the car is used daily it shouldn't affect the battery. Iv got viofo dual cam does the front and rear, its hardwired and goes into low bitrate parking mode when the ign is switched off. A great cam.

Back