Divorce Diets

Although I was vaguely aware that some people underwent dramatic transformations after a divorce, I never heard the term "Divorce Diet" used until today.

A quick Google suggests that the term emerged around 2016.

Anyone on here done a Divorce Diet (and called it that) ?
Lost about 2 1/2 stone after break down of marriage, brought on by a divorce diet of mainly drink and drugs and f***ing dwarfs!

Great couple of years to be fair.

It's a shame that some people can't make the effort to maintain a healthy weight whilst married.
It doesn't stop off,its just a massive weight less due to zero appetite and extreme stress .I lost 2 stone in 4 weeks.Went 3 days eating a bunch of bananas

I'd say the contentment of marriage contributes to weight gain and
Lack of respect for themselves and their partner.
Or just busy with life

Last edited:
Not a divorce but when I broke up with my ex, I went to the gym a lot more and started eating better.

This was mainly due to the fact my patter is shite and the blokes I was competing with for the affection of females were in much better shape and doing much better as a result.

Although I was vaguely aware that some people underwent dramatic transformations after a divorce, I never heard the term "Divorce Diet" used until today.

A quick Google suggests that the term emerged around 2016.

Anyone on here done a Divorce Diet (and called it that) ?
Never called it that but when I split up from my first wive I lost 3 stone in 2 months. I dropped to 13.5 stone and had a 30 inch waste. I went for a medical at work and the nurse said I was obese eventhough I had a six pack :lol:

Something I'll never have to worry about, I'm to smart to get married - a few have tried to marry me but I'm just not doing it. I'd get engaged again though.

In my case we both settled into some really bad habits, and became lazy and complacent

That's the problem. If one stays on their game they can encourage/influence/shame the other.

Fair enough, age catches up with everyone, within reason, but if your other half fancied you say as a skinny they won't be pleased if you then become a fatty buster.

Last edited:
They obviously have enough time to fill their fat faces.
Junk food is quicker and can be eaten at daft times .Good meals take a bit prep and thought .I've much more time in my single life to plan what and when I eat etc

In my case we both settled into some really bad habits, and became lazy and complacent
That's cos bad habits are quite nice as is not jogging and other fitness stuff

Last edited:
Junk food is quicker and can be eaten at daft times .Good meals take a bit prep and thought .I've much more time in my single life to plan what and when I eat etc

That's cos bad habits are quite nice as is not jogging and other fitness stuff

I've heard that said but takes about ten mins to knock up a salad and then if you wish throw something in the oven to go with it.

Fortunately the missus likes to cook too so she tends to crack on with that whilst I sort the boy.

Back