Division 2

Enjoying it but does seem very similar to first one.

Basically the same game with a few tweaks and new map. Could easily have been an update/DLC/rejig for the original.

Still think the setting in the original was better, loved the snow theme it was really dark and depressing. Haven't seen what other areas thsi one has to offer as yet though (jungle etc.)

Basically the same game with a few tweaks and new map. Could easily have been an update/DLC/rejig for the original.

Still think the setting in the original was better, loved the snow theme it was really dark and depressing. Haven't seen what other areas thsi one has to offer as yet though (jungle etc.)
Was playing in a party with my mate. But after he had gone off I really appreciated the sound design: created a great atmosphere.

Still nice to shoot stuff in the face with the sun on your back though.

Managed about 22 hours across both beta weekends and I have the same opinion. Although I really love this game, and i’ll still buy it and hammer it, this really could have just been an update like you say. It is essentially the same game on a different map.

Managed about 22 hours across both beta weekends and I have the same opinion. Although I really love this game, and i’ll still buy it and hammer it, this really could have just been an update like you say. It is essentially the same game on a different map.
Really? Considering it's a straight up sequel I found a lot of it quite different. Not in a good way either. The UI is f***ing terrible. The skills seemed a lot more of a chew on to use, the seeker mine in particular was a bit fiddly to use, before you could just drop it at your feet and it would seek enemy out properly, now you have to aim the area of effect. Not a fan of the new healing system, probably get used to it though. Don't like when you use a sniper rifle now, when you aim it automatically pulls the 12x scope up, I used to prefer to do it manually.
Niggles aside, thought it was f***ing class, can't wait til 15th. Things like the UI can be fixed anyway, and hopefully the sound problems!

Really? Considering it's a straight up sequel I found a lot of it quite different. Not in a good way either. The UI is f***ing terrible. The skills seemed a lot more of a chew on to use, the seeker mine in particular was a bit fiddly to use, before you could just drop it at your feet and it would seek enemy out properly, now you have to aim the area of effect. Not a fan of the new healing system, probably get used to it though. Don't like when you use a sniper rifle now, when you aim it automatically pulls the 12x scope up, I used to prefer to do it manually.
Niggles aside, thought it was f***ing class, can't wait til 15th. Things like the UI can be fixed anyway, and hopefully the sound problems!

I don’t have a problem with the UI personally, and I only ever use Assault Rifles anyway. But despite it still being enjoyable, don’t you think in the main it is very similar to the first game? I don’t have a problem with that too much but I was hoping for something different. I don’t know what that different thing is, but just something stand out different.
The main missions follow the same format, as does free roaming. The DZ was similar but definitely more enjoyable when you went rogue.

Like I say, i’ll still get it and be addicted like I was to the first but it does feel like the same game in a different place. To me it does anyway. When it’s out however, feel free to give me a shout and see if we can team up if you like?!

I don’t have a problem with the UI personally, and I only ever use Assault Rifles anyway. But despite it still being enjoyable, don’t you think in the main it is very similar to the first game? I don’t have a problem with that too much but I was hoping for something different. I don’t know what that different thing is, but just something stand out different.
The main missions follow the same format, as does free roaming. The DZ was similar but definitely more enjoyable when you went rogue.

Like I say, i’ll still get it and be addicted like I was to the first but it does feel like the same game in a different place. To me it does anyway. When it’s out however, feel free to give me a shout and see if we can team up if you like?!
Thing is, most games like this don't make a dramatic change from one game to another, these mmo, rpg, loot based shooters. Same with destiny. They'll make tweaks etc. After the 1.8 patch in the first division, if ain't broke, don't change too much. Obviously the destination has changed. These games are all about the endgame, in this beta we've only scratched the surface. Think the endgame will be class personally. I'll certainly be up for teaming up in the DZ, too scared to go in on me own ;):lol:

Thing is, most games like this don't make a dramatic change from one game to another, these mmo, rpg, loot based shooters. Same with destiny. They'll make tweaks etc. After the 1.8 patch in the first division, if ain't broke, don't change too much. Obviously the destination has changed. These games are all about the endgame, in this beta we've only scratched the surface. Think the endgame will be class personally. I'll certainly be up for teaming up in the DZ, too scared to go in on me own ;):lol:

I know what you’re saying and like you say, it was just a beta. We’ll see on the 15th exactly what it’s like.

You pussy!! When we go in, i’ll be going rogue, so you’ll have rogue status too. Expect your heart rate to be through the roof :lol:

I know what you’re saying and like you say, it was just a beta. We’ll see on the 15th exactly what it’s like.

You pussy!! When we go in, i’ll be going rogue, so you’ll have rogue status too. Expect your heart rate to be through the roof :lol:
Bring it on, just have to make sure I've not got any decent loot on me to get nicked :lol:

Managed to give it a good go on Sunday, this time I didn’t storm the White House straight away like I did the other week, I patiently took my time lootimg the area. I still quite like it, still hasn’t changed my mind from getting it next week. Didn’t get a chance try the DZ (still haven’t done that in the first game yet!)

Anybody setting up a SMB clan/team for this!

Back