Disruptive neighbours

We had a summerhouse built a few years ago , which the guy who did it said we didn’t need pp for .

Because of the nugget who lives two doors down being a shit stirrer , we applied and were given pp at a cost of about £200 iirc.

Money well spent imho , belts and braces and all that.

You're allowed outbuildings to a maximum of something like 35 cubic metres, I forget the actual volume, without planning permission.
Tbh, if no one complained, and without the building control Nazis finding out, you could probably build whatever the fuck you liked- until you came to sell on
I have 3 in my back yard but really nicely painted tho, motorbike, cycles , dinghys and tools, welders etc. If i had more room i would have another fucker but i am really close to that limit.

Aye mate got married at the same time as me and me lass

And thanks @mux and @JonMc, going to ring 101 now, but have heard that CCTV can be illegal if you don't have the right paperwork for it or has that changed?

CCTV is fine as long as it covers your property. Covering anything public,you must have a particular interest in the area you're covering such as its always where you park your car and its to protect that. Stick a little sign up if recording on public. If recording private you're fine

So my mam and step dad retired recently and decided to sell their old terraced property and purchase one with a front garden and a big back yard etc, they finished an extension in the back yard but no planning permission was put in place by the contractors back then and to be honest they breached several laws and contracts, thus the head of their company is being investigated for fraud and whilst they're waiting for that case to finish, there's a fair bit of money 'tied up' with the contractor till he almost cetainly gets found guilty and that can take some time.

So aside from that obvious hassle to two folks just wanting to enjoy the rest of their lives, me step dad put up a shed at the end of the front yard...without asking for planning permission (I did tell him to but he rushed things the tit), and almost immediately a neighbour complained about the shed. Fortunately though my parents did get planning permission for that, and both decided to start focusing on gardening to distract them from the woes of the extension, so they've been planting trees etc in the front.

Tl;Dr, I believe the neighbours who lodged the complaint about the shed are now vandalising my parents front garden with one of the trees being partially dug up, the shed being pelted with mudballs from the same dirt being dug up, plants being covered with dirt, large gouges taken out of the shed and branches being snapped off the two trees.

I am wanting to talk to the police as for my mam it's quite intimidating, but can anyone offer any advice who have went through similar things? The street seems very keeping up with the Robinson's and the building work has been plagued with complaints, and now this...surely can't be coincidence.

Your stepdad sounds like an inconsiderate arsehole to be honest. Extension with no PP, I bet it looks shit. Then hoys a massive shed up at the end of the yard, which will also look absolutely shit.

So you married your step sister?

Was just taking the piss mate didn't realise that I had written father in law in my OP until the poster pointed it out, no just you'r ordinary marriage for my mam and step dad, can't say I've ever heard of someone marrying their daughter in laws father or vice versa, imagine would be f***ing awkward for all involved :lol::lol::lol:

Your stepdad sounds like an inconsiderate arsehole to be honest. Extension with no PP, I bet it looks shit. Then hoys a massive shed up at the end of the yard, which will also look absolutely shit.

I'm not far off agreeing with you to be honest, the extension actually looks alright but is probably built on cleenex and spit, and the sheds a shed, not much more to be said. I did tell him to enquire if anything needed doing before building it, but like a lot of people he does first and deals with the consequences later, still shit for me mam though.

My brother had a similar complaint regarding his shed.

The back is where the whole street come and go as it has access to the parking etc. This means most use the front as the back and have sheds etc.

Anyway, he built a shed and the council knocked on and said as it was in front of his main wall he needed PP. he didn’t bother and they never returned and the complainant got told.

As for your MIL/FIL, CCTV first to catch/deter them and 101. Or I can give you Mux’s mobile number and cut out the middleman?

So my mam and step dad retired recently and decided to sell their old terraced property and purchase one with a front garden and a big back yard etc, they finished an extension in the back yard but no planning permission was put in place by the contractors back then and to be honest they breached several laws and contracts, thus the head of their company is being investigated for fraud and whilst they're waiting for that case to finish, there's a fair bit of money 'tied up' with the contractor till he almost cetainly gets found guilty and that can take some time.

So aside from that obvious hassle to two folks just wanting to enjoy the rest of their lives, me step dad put up a shed at the end of the front yard...without asking for planning permission (I did tell him to but he rushed things the tit), and almost immediately a neighbour complained about the shed. Fortunately though my parents did get planning permission for that, and both decided to start focusing on gardening to distract them from the woes of the extension, so they've been planting trees etc in the front.

Tl;Dr, I believe the neighbours who lodged the complaint about the shed are now vandalising my parents front garden with one of the trees being partially dug up, the shed being pelted with mudballs from the same dirt being dug up, plants being covered with dirt, large gouges taken out of the shed and branches being snapped off the two trees.

I am wanting to talk to the police as for my mam it's quite intimidating, but can anyone offer any advice who have went through similar things? The street seems very keeping up with the Robinson's and the building work has been plagued with complaints, and now this...surely can't be coincidence.
Your Council should be able to help you sort this problem ( not kidding they will help )

Was just taking the piss mate didn't realise that I had written father in law in my OP until the poster pointed it out, no just you'r ordinary marriage for my mam and step dad, can't say I've ever heard of someone marrying their daughter in laws father or vice versa, imagine would be f***ing awkward for all involved :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not far off agreeing with you to be honest, the extension actually looks alright but is probably built on cleenex and spit, and the sheds a shed, not much more to be said. I did tell him to enquire if anything needed doing before building it, but like a lot of people he does first and deals with the consequences later, still shit for me mam though.
I was thinking that's a way more interesting thread than sheds and neighbours like.

Back