Disposable Income

Gibraltar Mackem

Central Defender
Once rent/mortgage, food, fuel, insurance, loans, other financial commitments are taken out of your bank - how much are you left with that's 'disposable'?

I know it's all relative to how much you earn & the whole 'one man's penny is another man's pound' jazz - but just curious to see what the average disposable income is for your boozing/leisure activities and what not.

Roughly 35-40% is “disposable” but this is closer to 20-25% when taking into account money I don’t have committed but don’t want to stop spending.

In theory I could get by on £1200 a month. It would be hard, but doable. That’s just over NMW I think.

Once rent/mortgage, food, fuel, insurance, loans, other financial commitments are taken out of your bank - how much are you left with that's 'disposable'?

I know it's all relative to how much you earn & the whole 'one man's penny is another man's pound' jazz - but just curious to see what the average disposable income is for your boozing/leisure activities and what not.

After bills/fuel are paid 60% of our household income is disposable - goes to 80% + in a couple of years when I don't have nursery fees to pay

Back