Disposable Income

Its about 50-55% of income is disposable. Could easily last on £20 a week if it wasnt for the child constantly wanting/needing stuff.

Will be even higher when lease car goes back and i run around in a shed for as long as it is able

My commitments including house, bills, car, servicing, petrol, food, dentist, haircuts etc are about £1100. Whatever I have left is disposable.

The problem with all of these threads is that some people don’t understand what’s disposable. If you have spare money and choose to save it, that counts as disposable.
No doubt the same people who say they can’t come out cos they’re skint when they have thousands in their savings account. Skint means having zero in any account.

A pet hate of mine is how terms have been created to encourage people to spent every penny in their pockets.

Calling it disposable (literally to throw something away), or spending-money (mostly on holidays) really does put people to a mindset that it has to be used up. You see kids being encouraged to spend every penny on shite before coming home from holidays, its mental.

This is how, 20-odd years later, we have a nation of debt, not a nation of savers.
The problem with all of these threads is that some people don’t understand what’s disposable. If you have spare money and choose to save it, that counts as disposable.
Bollocks.

If I put an empty tin of beans in a cupboard, I haven't disposed of it. That was the (recycling) bin is for.

I have about £300 to cover everything: beer money, clothes, holidays, Xmas, birthdays, car bills, kid stuff, season ticket etc etc
A pet hate of mine is how terms have been created to encourage people to spent every penny in their pockets.

Calling it disposable (literally to throw something away), or spending-money (mostly on holidays) really does put people to a mindset that it has to be used up. You see kids being encouraged to spend every penny on shite before coming home from holidays, its mental.

This is how, 20-odd years later, we have a nation of debt, not a nation of savers.

Bollocks.

If I put an empty tin of beans in a cupboard, I haven't disposed of it. That was the (recycling) bin is for.
Nah, whether you spend or save it, it’s the same thing. For the purposes of this argument at least.

Last edited:

Back