Disneyland Paris

Been fair few times with the family. Class around Christmas time. At that time of year you can get round the park in a couple of days.

Food inside the park itself and most of the village is a bit naff. Planet Hollywood seem to do better quality meat than the other places. No supermarkets there, but not far by train if you can be arsed.
I thought there was a shop in the station there, if you just want a couple of bits?

Planet Hollywood was ok, nothing flash, but its a nice place.
Walt's is supposedly the best place to eat there, but make sure to book. I don't think we'll take our 4yr old though. The missus is going through a load of reviews of places to eat and will make reservations - last time we went, we really struggled to get somewhere as everything was booked out.

Saying "all the food is naff", is a bit daft, there's loads of great food there, but as with all things Disney, if you just walk up and expect to find it, you're going to miss out and come away with a bad experience.

As Andy just said, there's water fountains all over - take a plastic water bottle, and one of those concentrated squash squeezy things - in summer, this will save you a bomb and time (queuing for drinks)

After going to Orlando in 2016 and 17 our lass took away my card and booked to go to Paris, I was really apprehensive about it as it looked crap compared to Orlando. But I actually really enjoyed it, Is it anywhere near Orlando? No but it’s great in its own way I have a 3 year old daughter who absolutely loves Disney so I do enjoy it because she loves it.

Also they’re never to young to go to Disney as I said she’d been 3 tines before hitting age 3, were also going to Tokyo Disney next year (so I might be a little addicted) :)

Apologies @Kane i haven’t actually answered your question :lol: I’d book it through Disney itself can fly from most places in the uk except Newcastle. Wouldn’t get the photo pass as it’s nowhere near the Orlando one.

We got 5 nights including flights flying from Manchester for £1400. For 2 adults and 1 child staying in Newport bay. Tickets etc included, this was in May.

Go to Orlando. Way better and shit loads of other parks & stuff to do more expensive but better value than Disney Paris in the long run
If you're going for a week, you might want to think about going to Orlando for 2 weeks instead. The price won't be all that much more, and its a much better experience.

I know that wasn't what you asked, but unusually for these types of posts, you indicated you didn't just want to do Disney on a longer than usual break for a DLP holiday.

Apologies @Kane i haven’t actually answered your question :lol: I’d book it through Disney itself can fly from most places in the uk except Newcastle. Wouldn’t get the photo pass as it’s nowhere near the Orlando one.

We got 5 nights including flights flying from Manchester for £1400. For 2 adults and 1 child staying in Newport bay. Tickets etc included, this was in May.

We flew from newcastle and booked through disney.

A nar, shite but the experiences we bought were about 300 each (personal meet with Spider-Man, avengers and princesses). The photo pass shite, then the food and then spends there.

It cost 40 odd euros for two cookies, 2 cups (a groot and iron man one) and some lemonade. The kids bought outfits there, gifts, it all adds up.

You can definitely do it cheaper but it was a pretty last minute thing.

A nar, shite but the experiences we bought were about 300 each (personal meet with Spider-Man, avengers and princesses). The photo pass shite, then the food and then spends there.

It cost 40 odd euros for two cookies, 2 cups (a groot and iron man one) and some lemonade. The kids bought outfits there, gifts, it all adds up.

You can definitely do it cheaper but it was a pretty last minute thing.
Once you stays spending on the princess stuff etc then it gets mental. At least in Florida they don't keep the princess meet and greets back like they seem to in Paris

I thought there was a shop in the station there, if you just want a couple of bits?

Planet Hollywood was ok, nothing flash, but its a nice place.
Walt's is supposedly the best place to eat there, but make sure to book. I don't think we'll take our 4yr old though. The missus is going through a load of reviews of places to eat and will make reservations - last time we went, we really struggled to get somewhere as everything was booked out.

Saying "all the food is naff", is a bit daft, there's loads of great food there, but as with all things Disney, if you just walk up and expect to find it, you're going to miss out and come away with a bad experience.

As Andy just said, there's water fountains all over - take a plastic water bottle, and one of those concentrated squash squeezy things - in summer, this will save you a bomb and time (queuing for drinks)

Aye there's a little shop in the station.

Didn't say all the food was naff, but a lot of the places inside the park are selling the same stuff in a different themed place. Planet Hollywood do the best food imo, but the sports bar is alright as well.

Didn't say all the food was naff, but a lot of the places inside the park are selling the same stuff in a different themed place. Planet Hollywood do the best food imo, but the sports bar is alright as well.

Sports bar is great, it also sells “Disney” wine which is class.

I go in 2 weeks. Bought the hotel through magic breaks and paid for flights separate (about £200 less) from Edinburgh (£450 less than Ponteland). Paid about £1800 in total for 4 days.

I went years ago and thought it was canny. Obviously not upto Florida standard but still good.

Also I joined some group on facebook which is helpful, full of disney nutters but good

It's all about planning, our lass (no) is mint at getting the best deals etc and we've been about 6 times in the past 10 years. I prefer it to Orlando in that you can get around easier but Orlando is way better for pretty much everything else.

We've stopped at most of the hotels and go back to Sequoia Lodge at Christmas. Had a week there 2 weeks ago and it was good, stopped at the Davy Crockett ranch so brought the price down but you need a car. Keep your eyes peeled for VIP fast passes, meal deals etc. We went to Walts for bait and it was lovely but pricey....

There's dozens of proper sit down places, including some nice ones inside of the hotels. And of course, Walt's. Did you try any of those?

It's all about planning, our lass (no) is mint at getting the best deals etc and we've been about 6 times in the past 10 years. I prefer it to Orlando in that you can get around easier but Orlando is way better for pretty much everything else.

We've stopped at most of the hotels and go back to Sequoia Lodge at Christmas. Had a week there 2 weeks ago and it was good, stopped at the Davy Crockett ranch so brought the price down but you need a car. Keep your eyes peeled for VIP fast passes, meal deals etc. We went to Walts for bait and it was lovely but pricey....
Would you take a 4yr old into Walts mate? She's pretty good in general, but I heard its a bit stuffy?

There's dozens of proper sit down places, including some nice ones inside of the hotels. And of course, Walt's. Did you try any of those?

I said inside the Park.

There's decent food there, but find the majority are a bit naff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back