Disneyland Paris

It's class mate, typical theme park so timing is everything to avoid queues, 4 days was enough for us. We didn't shop about though just walked into a travel agent and booked up, cost £1300 for 3 nights, worth every penny

We went last month, staying in one of the disney hotels. As someone mentioned earlier, the food is shite, so do not bother with any food voucher/deals.

They do random shit, like for the breakfast part of the deal, the kids have to have a hot drink but you can pay (again) to get a soft drink.

Loads of the food is geared towards adults rather than kids.

Whilst it's good having the 45 mins before the gates are open to punters who do not stay there, not all rides are open at that time.

The disney hotels, cost a fortune and whilst they are ok inside, you don't even get a kettle to make a hot drink. I called reception, mentioned this and asked for a kettle, they sent just a kettle. I called back and they said they client send cups or owt to make a cuppa but if we wanted one, call concierge and they would send some up (my what you want).

They do have vending machines on certain floors and we could get 1 drink each 'free per day. Again not ideal.

Speaking if hot drinks, take tea bags with you as they think all we drink is earl grey. Nee normal tea anywhere.

There is no shop on site. We forgot to get toothpaste and called reception who sent up some toothbrushes, which had toothpaste in but It was manky.

Asked where I could find a shop that sold bits and pieces, they said go to the train station and go back one station. Fuck that.

The queues were long on some of the rides but the kids (both 4) coped alright in the main. As someone mentioned, some rides have fast pass, which you get at the entrance of each ride.

If we go again we will stay outside of the park as it would be so much cheaper and you have the ability to eat/go elsewhere.

The first few days we were there the kids spent loads of time in the shops, could of went to the metro centre for a couple of days!

Still, we had a good time and the kids loved it.

Cost about 4000 all in for 5 days.

Last edited:
We’re going next weekend for 2 nights after a week in a Eurocamp for a week (on me way there now)
We were going to stop at Alton Towers on the way back but it just doesn’t come close to Disney imo so booked that instead. I’ve just booked everything separate each of the three times we’ve been. If you can stretch to Florida though, don’t hesitate as it’s hundreds of times better.

They do random shit, like for the breakfast part of the deal, the kids have to have a hot drink but you can pay (again) to get a soft drink. My kids both got Apple/orange juice for their breakfast at no extra charge

Speaking if hot drinks, take tea bags with you as they think all we drink is earl grey. Nee normal tea anywhere. They had Lipton yellow label, which is “normal” tea everywhere, both in the hotel and the parks. The milk is shite though, no bog-standard semi skimmed it was almost like it had been thickened.

There is no shop on site. We forgot to get toothpaste and called reception who sent up some toothbrushes, which had toothpaste in but It was manky. We stayed at the Santa Fe and they had a gift shop with a selection of toiletries etc behind the counter. I forgot razor blades and we were a plug adapter short. Got both for less than 5 Euros at the shop.

My daughter and wife got food poisoning. Luckily that means my daughter never ever wants to go back there.

Efteling however, she bloody loves.

Fantastic place. We were camping not far away and decided to go there even though it was belting down, but the rain stopped at mid-day and the place was empty as it had put most people off.
Definitely as good as Disneyland.

Going in April for the eldest's 18th. We haven't been for a few years as we've been able to afford Florida more recently. I'm looking forward to seeing what's changed.

Generally speaking, these trips go much more smoothly if you plan properly. If you rock up and wander aimlessly you'll miss loads.

Last time there we were on a train back and overheard someone saying they hadn't found It's A Small World in four days. I presume they expected Mickey to carry it over to them when they entered the park.

Yeah, I know, shit etc & not my scene...

Anyhow, the missus wants to take the kids next year in August :eek:

What's the best way to book something like this for say...3 days in the park and maybe 7 nights accommodation to do other stuff? Package deal, book everything separate?
there are decent value hotels nearby and a free shuttle bus that links all of them with the park and the train station. some of the hotels have decent pools etc so the kid enjoy that as much as the resort. Not sure where you are going from but you can always get a eurostar to paris then a local train to Disneyland, pretty straughtfwd and you can combine it with a trip to see the eiffel tower etc. its a lot less stressful than i thought apart from the queues, which die down significantly in the later afternoon

wouldnt bother with food vouchers, but google the resort ticket offers as the walkup is extortionate. Google will help

Fantastic place. We were camping not far away and decided to go there even though it was belting down, but the rain stopped at mid-day and the place was empty as it had put most people off.
Definitely as good as Disneyland.
It's f***ing blinding. I once read a statistic, can't remember the exact figure now, but something like 75% of the Dutch population has visited it at some point in their lives, yet virtually unknown outside the Nederlansch.

Open 365 days a year, by the way.

I went there years ago when the kids were very young and it was shite. There wasn't that many rides in those days and the little ones could not go on half of them. The older ones soon got bored with the few thrill rides there were as it meant queueing for ages. We stayed at a Campanile hotel. I despised every single minute I was there.

Just back from a week in France. We stayed in a eurocamp nearby and had a couple of manic days in Disney. It was canny enough tbf and the kids enjoyed it.

Now near Eindhoven and heading to Efteling tomorrow...supposed to be excellent.

What food vouchers did you have? Ours were half board plus.

Razors and plugs are nee good for brushing teeth.
I think we were full board plus.

The breakfast at our hotel was just a buffet breakfast and you could help yourself to whatever hot or cold drinks you wanted. Ditto evening meal.

Lunchtimes, you could get a meal from any of the fast food places and you got loads - we ended up having the Mickey cakes you got as dessert as snacks for about a week afterwards!

I hated the fact that anything that wasn’t a buffet, they would only give my two year old baby food without paying cash for an extra meal (not an issue when we go back because he’s 3 in 2 weeks time), but you got so much at lunchtime that he just shared with his 4 year old sister after the first time (when we paid for him then realised how massive the potions were).

We’d only do half board if we went back and just get a biscuit or something at lunchtime as we ate so much at breakfast we were never really hungry at lunch.

I went there years ago when the kids were very young and it was shite. There wasn't that many rides in those days and the little ones could not go on half of them. The older ones soon got bored with the few thrill rides there were as it meant queueing for ages. We stayed at a Campanile hotel. I despised every single minute I was there.

My experience too unfortunately. We had to stand four abreast to stop the fuckers jumping the queue. How we never got into a fight I'll never know, the ignorant twats done my head in.

I’ve always had a great time when I’ve took the kids. We stayed at Bussy St George the last time and got the train into Disneyland. Few years since I’ve been but I can remember it being pricey for snacks/drinks so we just used to get stuff from the shop at the station there before you enter the park.

It's f***ing blinding. I once read a statistic, can't remember the exact figure now, but something like 75% of the Dutch population has visited it at some point in their lives, yet virtually unknown outside the Nederlansch.

Open 365 days a year, by the way.
Actually 94% of the Dutch population :eek:

Efteling - Wikipedia

Just back from a week in France. We stayed in a eurocamp nearby and had a couple of manic days in Disney. It was canny enough tbf and the kids enjoyed it.

Now near Eindhoven and heading to Efteling tomorrow...supposed to be excellent.
It's brilliant mate, you'll have a cracker.

Been twice - kids loved it.

First time stayed at the incredible Disneyland hotel and secon£ time at Radisson Blu. Drove both times. If you focus on the prices then you will stop yourself enjoying it.

We hired a caravan at a park at Berny Riviere was top notch, and handy for Euro Disney, Paris, and some WW1 battle sites, was a few years ago, but loads foe the kids to do

Yeah, I know, shit etc & not my scene...

Anyhow, the missus wants to take the kids next year in August :eek:

What's the best way to book something like this for say...3 days in the park and maybe 7 nights accommodation to do other stuff? Package deal, book everything separate?

After going to Orlando in 2016 and 17 our lass took away my card and booked to go to Paris, I was really apprehensive about it as it looked crap compared to Orlando. But I actually really enjoyed it, Is it anywhere near Orlando? No but it’s great in its own way I have a 3 year old daughter who absolutely loves Disney so I do enjoy it because she loves it.

Also they’re never to young to go to Disney as I said she’d been 3 tines before hitting age 3, were also going to Tokyo Disney next year (so I might be a little addicted) :)

Brother just came back. €3.90 for a bottle of water. Queues a mile long for the rides. Said the Disney character breakfast was worth the money though just to see the kids’ faces.

Had a nightmare with Air France just randomly cancelling their flight for no reason so beware with that.

Free water available all over the park though

Been fair few times with the family. Class around Christmas time. At that time of year you can get round the park in a couple of days.

Food inside the park itself and most of the village is a bit naff. Planet Hollywood seem to do better quality meat than the other places. No supermarkets there, but not far by train if you can be arsed.

Back