Discussion - February 2011 SMB Photography Challenge - Rule of Thirds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: February 2011 SMB Photography Challenge - Rule of Thirds - Discussion thread

Just put mine up, Routin Linn in Northumberland. Was going to be colour but after all the rain the water was a muddy brown and looked awful. B&W works much better.

Re: February 2011 SMB Photography Challenge - Rule of Thirds - Discussion thread

I decided to take the grid format of the "rule of thirds" literally and make the actual photo an interesting grid type format.

Some great entries so far, fantastically composed (which I know was the point).

Once again for me, Real Life means that I am unlikely to get out and about with the camera, but keep up the good work everyone.

Well I had the day off today and headed out with my Mamiya C220 to try to find a couple of "nodding donkeys" (oil wells).

But I seem to have headed in the wrong direction and din't find any. That means I'm going to struggle to make the deadline.

Bugger

left it late this month but got one in the end.

Took on the beach down seaham harbour yesterday afternoon, was pretty cloudy so didnt exactly turn out how i hoped it would, but still pleased with it in the end.

ok, so i have entered. i took this picture when visiting the west end to see a show earlier in the week, and said to randle as i was taking it that it would be my competition entry.

i tried hard to stick to the rule of thirds when taking it, but welcome all c & c, cos it is just as likely that i have totally missed the point!

no tweaking or anything, just straight as it was taken from my fujifilm digital camera.

i went to see grease by the way, not this show. but i really wanna see it, love mj me!

A reject from me.

Had the shot all worked out and got up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning to shoot the "nodding donkey" against the sunrise.

Of course I chose the day that had crap light, and for reasons I can't fathom, used auto focus - so the fence is in focus and the subject of the photo isn't.

Idiot.

I'll try to get out tomorrow morning to get it right.

Logon or register to see this image

Hmm, I was all set to use this image of looking through the back door, past the handle, into the garden, but mrs phil said go with the pegs. Was she right?
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
As usual cannot see the entries from peachbum, lucky knickers and this time Phil (a new one I cannot see). I am trying to get a VPN sorted so then I should be able to see them - if not could some kind soul either post them on Flickr or tell me which on is the best so I can vote for it

i hope people are aware that tomorrow is the last day for posting, february isn't it.

was gonna say innit but i would have sounded like a twat :)

As usual cannot see the entries from peachbum, lucky knickers and this time Phil (a new one I cannot see). I am trying to get a VPN sorted so then I should be able to see them - if not could some kind soul either post them on Flickr or tell me which on is the best so I can vote for it

Witopia is your friend

They use Wiki to deliver the VPN so it gets around govt blocked sites etc.

As usual cannot see the entries from peachbum, lucky knickers and this time Phil (a new one I cannot see). I am trying to get a VPN sorted so then I should be able to see them - if not could some kind soul either post them on Flickr or tell me which one is the best so I can vote for it

Mine is very good and i'm confident of it being in the top 12 or thereabouts so you definitely should vote for it.;)
Not very sure about these things but this could be a link to it which might or might not help :oops:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/snottie/P1030034abc.jpg

This is the one i was thinking about putting in
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/snottie/P1030349a.jpg

If you still can't see them would putting them in a PM help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back