Discussion - February 2011 SMB Photography Challenge - Rule of Thirds

Status
Not open for further replies.

As usual cannot see the entries from peachbum, lucky knickers and this time Phil (a new one I cannot see). I am trying to get a VPN sorted so then I should be able to see them - if not could some kind soul either post them on Flickr or tell me which on is the best so I can vote for it
I've just put mine on Flickr. What do you need to know, this is a new thing for me, a link or my name?

Send me either, either a link to the photo or your contact and I can take a look - all that said Phil has already told me his photo is the best so he is getting my vote this month.

i hope people are aware that tomorrow is the last day for posting, february isn't it.

was gonna say innit but i would have sounded like a twat :)

Just copped this today. Arses.

Had an idea for a shot and planned on doing it this week. Buggeration.

Mine's in. This month's excuse is that I've been taking a lot of weird pictures for a thesis project so there's not been a lot of time for the competition. The shot is of a small, uninhabited island which is situated in Halifax harbour in Nova Scotia. The shot is on the long end of my Tamron 70-300 lens and, as much as I like the lens, it's pretty soft at 300 which is frustrating.

Mine's in. This month's excuse is that I've been taking a lot of weird pictures for a thesis project so there's not been a lot of time for the competition. The shot is of a small, uninhabited island which is situated in Halifax harbour in Nova Scotia. The shot is on the long end of my Tamron 70-300 lens and, as much as I like the lens, it's pretty soft at 300 which is frustrating.

:lol:

I like it. The composition really lifts it.

Cheers lads! You're good eggs! For some reason I get really defensive about my entries. I don't think I've really been happy with a single one.

Some absolutely great ones this month, well done everyone. The standard is incredibly high. I'm enjoying this: it's nice being the Alesha Dixon of the SMB photography board (former winner*, now sitting passing judgment on the efforts of others).

* in the month when hardly anyone else entered :oops:

Send me either, either a link to the photo or your contact and I can take a look - all that said Phil has already told me his photo is the best so he is getting my vote this month.
I wish I could say the same!:)

I've never done this Flickr lark before so haven't a clue what I'm doing (good practice though I suppose)

Edit I've just binned the link because when I tested it it could be edited - by anyone? or just me?

I'll try again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back