Dirty ,lazy,dog walkers

Can't understand this, why bother with the bag if your not going to bin it's pure brainless stupidity.

because the thick ***** will bin it if anyone is around so they look like a respectable dog owner. if nobody is within line of sight, the poo bag gets launched like a Olympic discus.

quite simple really.

I'd rather they didn't pick it up than pick it up, bag it then throw the bag on the ground. I mean, what's the f***ing point? It'll inevitably get squashed at some point then you are left with a non biodegradable bag covered in shit.

That is the thing I don't get and there needs to be a bigger deal made about it. Leave a dog shit where it is, and it degrades away to nothing in a few weeks (though this is not an excuse and it should be picked up). Bag it and chuck the bag, then it takes years to degrade. If one person chucks one bag in the same spot every day when they walk the dog, after 2 years there is over 700 bags there. You are talking over 4,000 bags for the average lifetime of a dog!

There are a couple of 'popular' points in the bushes around my way, which are just a mass of years and years of plastic.

I'm not sure what had happened the other day, if an animal had got hold of a poo bin, kids or someone had been raking some bags out the bushes. All the way around the field there were little piles of poo bags. Horrible to see. The good thing was that the next morning I brought out gloves and a big bag to deal with it, found so did the other bloke I usually see on a morning but there was hardly anything as someone else had got there before us. There are a few community spirited dog walkers willing to clean up after ignorant ones, but really grown adults should have better awareness of the environment around them.

Usual social media “shocking hun” “dirty bastards” etc but 99% of people won’t confront anyone doing it or get involved in a community project

Usual social media “shocking hun” “dirty bastards” etc but 99% of people won’t confront anyone doing it or get involved in a community project
I think the argument would be that if folk were so ignorant to allow their dog to shit anywhere and not clean it up, there's no telling how they'd react if you challenged them about it. Why risk getting your face smashed in by a piece of ignorant scum if its easier to just walk on?

Some knob keeps on letting their dog shit on our front garden. Been on average 4 shits a week. It's absolutely minging. Would love to catch the fucker.

Can't understand this, why bother with the bag if your not going to bin it's pure brainless stupidity.
My mate watched a blind bloke scrabble about on his hands and knees for a good 5 minutes trying to find his Guide Dog's shite. When he found it, he bagged it and then slung it over his shoulder into Roker Park. :lol:

One of the angriest I've ever been was when strimming the massive privet hedge that runs alongside my garden, and I got the strimmers caught in a carefully concealed poo bag that some lazy f***ing knakcer had stashed among the leaves
Bastard

Brilliant :lol:

Can picture it now made me chuckle,happily going along trimming then BAM covered in shite :lol:

One of the angriest I've ever been was when strimming the massive privet hedge that runs alongside my garden, and I got the strimmers caught in a carefully concealed poo bag that some lazy f***ing knakcer had stashed among the leaves
Bastard
:lol::lol:

That is the thing I don't get and there needs to be a bigger deal made about it. Leave a dog shit where it is, and it degrades away to nothing in a few weeks (though this is not an excuse and it should be picked up). Bag it and chuck the bag, then it takes years to degrade. If one person chucks one bag in the same spot every day when they walk the dog, after 2 years there is over 700 bags there. You are talking over 4,000 bags for the average lifetime of a dog!

There are a couple of 'popular' points in the bushes around my way, which are just a mass of years and years of plastic.

I'm not sure what had happened the other day, if an animal had got hold of a poo bin, kids or someone had been raking some bags out the bushes. All the way around the field there were little piles of poo bags. Horrible to see. The good thing was that the next morning I brought out gloves and a big bag to deal with it, found so did the other bloke I usually see on a morning but there was hardly anything as someone else had got there before us. There are a few community spirited dog walkers willing to clean up after ignorant ones, but really grown adults should have better awareness of the environment around them.

Totally agree, the fact that plastic takes decades to degrade is the biggest problem here. Solve that problem and you'll solve the plastic shit bags in the trees. Like I say I use biodegradable ones £1.50 for 200 or something at pets at home.

Last edited:
Anybody caught walking their dog without poo bags should be fined £1000. If they are caught leaving their toxic waste on the pavement should be fined 5 grand.
Get caught a third time and your dog is taken off you.

I always bag my dogs shite, but it's weird how dog shit as become such a major issue, never bothered people in the past, well! unless they were stupid enough to stand in it.
The advantages of living out here in the wilds. I can take my dog off the beaten track. He always shits in the bushes. No need to bag it up and hoy into into a tree. Just let nature do its job.

Should be illegal to allow your pet to shit in the street, regardless of whether you pick it up. Train them to do it in the house.
This made me chuckle!

It's not just dog dirt but also litter in general which blights this area.
we must be the same age marra...both calling it "dog dirt" ....people now dont use such polite references!(see above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I love dogs and have had many dogs in the family but I went for a walk in Herrington country park yesterday and I was disgusted at the scruffiness and attitude of some dog owners as evidenced by the numerous black bags of dog shit littering the verges ,grass and trees of the park.
The vile laziness of scratters who actually have a bag to pick up the dog poop but are so indolent that they don’t have the wit to put it in a bin but toss it in a public place is absolutely disgusting
Put it in a bag and leave it.
Makes it last longer!

Back