Dirty Bulking

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilSAFC

Striker
Anyone trying to get excess calories on a healthy diet will know its not easy. I just wondered if its ok to eat snacky stuff like the odd biscuit/chocolate bar or summit to get some easy calories. Only problem I have with it is I dont want to put on any stomach fat while bulking.

any nutrition experts?

couple of biscuits won't do any harm but if you undertake a proper dirty bulk then expect to hoy on quite a bit a fat (along with muscle obviously).

If you want to up your calorie intake I suggest nuts, packed with with good nutrition but with enough calories to have the desired effect.

'Dirty bulk' refers more to not really tracking calories while bulking. If you want to bulk with as little fat gain as possible, go with a smaller calorie surplus, you can still then add chocolate, ice cream, biscuits etc, providing they fit into your daily macronutrient and calorie requirements.

oROSSo said:
couple of biscuits won't do any harm but if you undertake a proper dirty bulk then expect to hoy on quite a bit a fat (along with muscle obviously).

If you want to up your calorie intake I suggest nuts, packed with with good nutrition but with enough calories to have the desired effect.
Bastard. Bit off subject here, but I'm trying to lose weight but get bored all the time at work and this leads to sacking, I've been sacking on nuts because I thought they were good for you. If I'm wanting to lose weight should I find something else to snack on?
I eat all the fruit in the world byte its just not filling

Bastard. Bit off subject here, but I'm trying to lose weight but get bored all the time at work and this leads to sacking, I've been sacking on nuts because I thought they were good for you. If I'm wanting to lose weight should I find something else to snack on?

Nuts are great, but if you're looking to lose weight just be wary that they are calorie dense. Just make sure that you aren't going overboard.

I'm trying to shift a few pounds but just been eating peanuts. As Titus says, portion size with them is key.

no aim no luck said:

Be careful how much fruit your eating (controversial) but it is full of sugars. Try making your own hummus and carrot sticks or a small handfull of nuts with an apple. Also drink plenty of water helps the body get rid of fat and toxins. A protein rich breakfast also helps with hunger throughout the day (scrambled eggs with spinach and watercress).

Bigmickpick said:
Be careful how much fruit your eating (controversial) but it is full of sugars. Try making your own hummus and carrot sticks or a small handfull of nuts with an apple. Also drink plenty of water helps the body get rid of fat and toxins. A protein rich breakfast also helps with hunger throughout the day (scrambled eggs with spinach and watercress).

I normally have weetabix and a yogurt for breakfast don't really have time for scrambled egg, unless I get out.of bed earlier. The fruit I've eating today; banana orange tangerine (sp) apple kiwi and a pear. I try to have about 4 litres of water a day sometimes more, get sick of pissing

no aim no luck said:
I normally have weetabix and a yogurt for breakfast don't really have time for scrambled egg, unless I get out.of bed earlier. The fruit I've eating today; banana orange tangerine (sp) apple kiwi and a pear

Go for full fat yoghurt and nuts with mixed berries for brekkie, remember if nothing changes - nothing changes. Full fat yog as has no added sweetner etc and the fats in it help it digest. Good fat

Bigmickpick said:
Go for full fat yoghurt and nuts with mixed berries for brekkie, remember if nothing changes - nothing changes. Full fat yog as has no added sweetner etc and the fats in it help it digest. Good fat

As well as the weeabix or drop that? And just so we not getting wires crossed here I mean I have weetabix with semi skimmed milk, then a yogurt (muller light thing, fat free)

As well as the weeabix or drop that? And just so we not getting wires crossed here I mean I have weetabix with semi skimmed milk, then a yogurt (muller light thing, fat free)

I sometimes have something similar as part of a post-training meal mate, although I use the muller light yogurt (the mint and chocolate flavour is unreal) instead of milk on said cereal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back