Direct Debits

Big Cat

Winger
Got a new car on the 13th September and just rang up finance company to change my direct debit, they won't let me change it to any date in the past i.e. 1st of the month to coincide with other bills and I can only move it 14 days from the date of the original DD which takes me up to the 27th. I get paid on the last Thursday of the month and that doesn't always fall on the 27th or before. They wouldn't even let me change it to the 27th then next month I can change it again so it then falls on the 1st.

Or can I?

Anyone know better?

Shite rule either way.

Got a new car on the 13th September and just rang up finance company to change my direct debit, they won't let me change it to any date in the past i.e. 1st of the month to coincide with other bills and I can only move it 14 days from the date of the original DD which takes me up to the 27th. I get paid on the last Thursday of the month and that doesn't always fall on the 27th or before. They wouldn't even let me change it to the 27th then next month I can change it again so it then falls on the 1st.

Or can I?

Anyone know better?

Shite rule either way.

Say up a standing order for the payment on the 1st to another bank account. Change direct debit to this back account and relax. ;)

Tell them you don't want to change it in the past, you want to change it in the future, what a weird excuse not to change the date. Direct debits used to be really easy but companies seem to be making a right hassle out of it. I just got a second account and hoy everything in there to cover bills and direct debits and forget about it.

It's a pain, I have one that comes out on the 27th. They don't like you changing it as it will change the amount you owe because interest is calculated daily.

Or can I?

Anyone know better?

Shite rule either way.

Change it to the 27th. Pay 1 payment on this date, then ring up and change the date to the 1st. Done this a few times when Ive had the same problem.

I believe it is to do with when the payment is due. you can normally and I have brought dates forward.

if you want to put it back, you may have to pay an extra month to that, so your account is not marked in arrears

Or can I?

Anyone know better?

Shite rule either way.
You should have rang the day after you got the car and changed it straight away! Then it would have been paid before today and so in the past--simples:);)

Or can I?

Anyone know better?

Shite rule either way.
Seriously cancel it and tell them what date you want it on.

Back