Dion Sanderson - Wolves - Rumour - Bristol Live

Hope he goes on to have a great career. Really enjoy players that come and give it 100% and truly buy into the club.

Just a shame he won't experience the fans in the stadium, he would have loved the adulation he would have received.

Unfortunately, I can't see us going up this season, unless Stewart comes in and gives us a massive boost for the run in.

He said he won't go to Bristol City because he'll go to a Prem or top half Championship club. It doesn't make any sense, we are a top half Championship club.
I’m going to try and be polite as possible here.

your are Bristol city man.

To back up what I’m saying im
Going to pull up a few stats .

record attendance. 430000

Fa cup runners up once.

divsion three champions on several occasions.

that’s it .

Last edited:
Hope he goes on to have a great career. Really enjoy players that come and give it 100% and truly buy into the club.

Just a shame he won't experience the fans in the stadium, he would have loved the adulation he would have received.

Unfortunately, I can't see us going up this season, unless Stewart comes in and gives us a massive boost for the run in.
Donald has given us a massive boost by pissin' off

Hope you've got the £10M Wolves will want ready to punt on him.
Wasnt that what Keane was quoted for Johnny Evans about 14 years ago?
I have to say how surprised I am with your confidence if you go up. There's only so much you can spend with FFP. About half the clubs in the league or maxed out with additional money allowed to be put in by owners, including us.

What do you think would make him stay at Sunderland?

We will have a clean slate with regards to FFP, what makes you think he would want to sign for Bristol?

Last edited:
Tyrone Mings plays for England! Dion has all the attributes to potentially be an England squad player IMHO. So don't see him going to Bristol City!!

I have to say how surprised I am with your confidence if you go up. There's only so much you can spend with FFP. About half the clubs in the league or maxed out with additional money allowed to be put in by owners, including us.

What do you think would make him stay at Sunderland?
Premier league facilities, in a team hopefully on the way up chance to play week in week out in front of 40k plus which is what we'll be pulling in if we're doing well. Only the player will know.

He said he won't go to Bristol City because he'll go to a Prem or top half Championship club. It doesn't make any sense, we are a top half Championship club.

Ignore the more inflammatory posts. I think if Sunderland are promoted this season we will be in pole position to take him on loan again next season, I’d consider the facts that he has been highly succesful here, is well liked, Wolves will know he is held in high regard (and will play most games) and the player himself appears to be enjoying playing here. I suspect if he is offered a loan to a Premiership club or perhaps a team that has just been relegated (WBA, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Newcastle etc) we might lose out. This is no disrespect to Bristol City who are a smashing club, but I think Wolves would be keen to see Sanderson find consistency in terms of games and form ASAP and he has already found that here. If the deal is a permanent transfer, I suspect Wolves will want to be compensated for his potential, I don't see them valuing him under 8 figures.

To back up what I’m saying im
Going to pull up a few stats .

record attendance. 430000

Fa cup runners up once.

divsion three champions on several occasions.

that’s it .
Unrelated to City but if you honestly think any of that matters then you're lost. With that logic Bournemouths entire squad have put transfer requests in to sign for Wigan.
Ignore the more inflammatory posts. I think if Sunderland are promoted this season we will be in pole position to take him on loan again next season, I’d consider the facts that he has been highly succesful here, is well liked, Wolves will know he is held in high regard (and will play most games) and the player himself appears to be enjoying playing here. I suspect if he is offered a loan to a Premiership club or perhaps a team that has just been relegated (WBA, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Newcastle etc) we might lose out. This is no disrespect to Bristol City who are a smashing club, but I think Wolves would be keen to see Sanderson find consistency in terms of games and form ASAP and he has already found that here. If the deal is a permanent transfer, I suspect Wolves will want to be compensated for his potential, I don't see them valuing him under 8 figures.
I appreciate the well thought reply!

Back