dieting and exercising yet still getting fatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boldon Mackem said:
And don't be so lazy, my wife and I both work, both exercise 4 times a week, and look after 2 kids under 5, without the help of any extended family!!! Oh and we cook fresh every day!

Wow....well done, you've won today's complete hero award!

I have just been told by my dad that for the first few weeks I am likely to put weight on until my metabolism changes (?). I have tried googling metabolism but it makes no sense whatsoever. How is it possible to reduce my calorie intake, increase the amount of exercise I do yet get heavier? Apparently I am not fatter, just heavier which is even more confusing when I am trying to lose weight.

The trick is to eat rare chicken FFS. How many times am I ginna have to offer this advice? Stay fat, your choice.

I have just been told by my dad that for the first few weeks I am likely to put weight on until my metabolism changes (?). I have tried googling metabolism but it makes no sense whatsoever. How is it possible to reduce my calorie intake, increase the amount of exercise I do yet get heavier? Apparently I am not fatter, just heavier which is even more confusing when I am trying to lose weight.

muscle weighs more than fat mate. listen to your clothes and ignore the scales.

I am trying to lose weight. Have cut down on takeaways to only 1 a week from 3/4. Both working can't be arsed to cook. I cut down booze to only matchdays or otherwise one night a week from to be fair 7 nights a week. Bought a treadmill the other week and been hammering it, somehow I have managed to put on weight both weeks despite cutting out all the crap and actually exercising. If I continue with the diet and exercise at this rate I will be friggin huge instead of getting trim. Any ideas?

Muscle is denser than fat so initially as your muscle mass increases but you haven't burned much fat your body weight can increase.

You'd be better off monitoring your progress with a tape measure than a set of scales to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back