dieting and exercising yet still getting fatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's quite easy to want to lose weight and pick up ready made health foods. Why spend time making food when tesco do instant health food?

Because it isn't THAT healthy. Make your own and you know exactly how much and what is going into your food. Far easier to manage!

And don't be so lazy, my wife and I both work, both exercise 4 times a week, and look after 2 kids under 5, without the help of any extended family!!! Oh and we cook fresh every day!

Because it isn't THAT healthy. Make your own and you know exactly how much and what is going into your food. Far easier to manage!

And don't be so lazy, my wife and I both work, both exercise 4 times a week, and look after 2 kids under 5, without the help of any extended family!!! Oh and we cook fresh every day!

Chasing Dingos does not count.

Well what's the trick then? I wouldn't mind preparing food myself if I knew it would be better.

Both my wife and I work and we prefer ready made stuff, Chicken breast is easy stuff to do though I guess. Cheers.

My missus and I have full time jobs, with 2 kids under 5. I make us a salad every night for the following day's lunch. 5 minute job mate

Trick?? as TC says it takes 5 minutes to knock together a salad, do while the Mrs is in the shoer, then she can finish it off while your in the shower! Sorted ! Will save you a fortune as well over the tesco overpriced shite!

Steamed veg and steamed chicken all in one steamer machine. 30 minutes, one pan nothing else needs doing. its actually easier and cheaper than ordering and waiting for a takeaway.

Trick?? as TC says it takes 5 minutes to knock together a salad, do while the Mrs is in the shoer, then she can finish it off while your in the shower! Sorted ! Will save you a fortune as well over the tesco overpriced shite!

Steamed veg and steamed chicken all in one steamer machine. 30 minutes, one pan nothing else needs doing. its actually easier and cheaper than ordering and waiting for a takeaway.

Excellent. Sounds like a better way of getting dinner ready.

You can add loads of things to the chicken to make it more interesting without adding too many calories. Chillis rubbed over the breast meat, garlic and herbs etc etc. you can even grill it or flash it on a hot skillet to give it a different texture, just stay away from excessive oil. Try the spray oils in a can. Enough to line the pan, but not enough to add loads of calories. Make sure the pan is spitting hot before you add the seemed chicken to it, or else it will soak up the oil rather than being browned instantly by it.

You can add loads of things to the chicken to make it more interesting without adding too many calories. Chillis rubbed over the breast meat, garlic and herbs etc etc. you can even grill it or flash it on a hot skillet to give it a different texture, just stay away from excessive oil. Try the spray oils in a can. Enough to line the pan, but not enough to add loads of calories. Make sure the pan is spitting hot before you add the seemed chicken to it, or else it will soak up the oil rather than being browned instantly by it.

You'll live till you're 150.

Swap the chip shop for subway, foot long sub on wheat bread, minus shite like cheese and certain sauces and get a low fat filling and your laughing.

I am trying to lose weight. Have cut down on takeaways to only 1 a week from 3/4. Both working can't be arsed to cook. I cut down booze to only matchdays or otherwise one night a week from to be fair 7 nights a week. Bought a treadmill the other week and been hammering it, somehow I have managed to put on weight both weeks despite cutting out all the crap and actually exercising. If I continue with the diet and exercise at this rate I will be friggin huge instead of getting trim. Any ideas?

think i've spotted where you're going wrong mate.have you read the instructions?i don't think you're supposed to do that.

seriously. depends what type of job you do.i have a strenuous manuel labour type job.so i burn calories at a rate of knots.when i'm at work,i take very little food.and because i rarely have the opportunity to buy more,it ensures i dont overeat.it works for me.i get home hungry,but that burns the fat.when i'm working,i lose weight.when i'm at home,i put weight on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back