Did you want to join the Army, Navy or Air Force?

That'll have been flying kites at the time was it? :lol:
Spent a bit of time at RNAS Lossiemouth and RM Condor when I was a lad, (Sea Cadets) don't think they were flying kites there like, I did go up in a glider though.. ;) all set to do the last year of school at an RN college, but got mixed up with a bad crowd and fucked it up, fine lines, life could have been so much different.
:eek: No you wernt, they wadnt have let you in.
Army. Air Cav 1st of the 9th, air mobile son. dat dat dat daaa........
🖕

Last edited:
Spent a bit of time at RNAS Lossiemouth and RM Condor when I was a lad, (Sea Cadets) don't think they were flying kites there like, I did go up in a glider though.. ;) all set to do the last year of school at an RN college, but got mixed up with a bad crowd and fucked it up, fine lines, life could have been so much different.

🖕
:eek: :eek: :eek:

My dad did 22 year in army he told me id hate it I joined royal signals in 1995 aged 16..49 days later he was proved right as I left the army..25 year later I wish I'd give it more chance as id be out now after a full service..I grew up so much in them 49 days tho it was unreal

Done me medical for the Marines and then changed me mind and went to Uni.
Regretted it but knowing the injuries I have now I would have been shipped out fairly quickly.
On a side note I noticed there is now a recruiting office for the Army in the Bridges

I'd always wanted to join the RAF growing up. When I was 17 and at college decided to join the TA for fitness, bit of craic and that. Was Engineers and loved it. So decided that's what I'd do so signed up full time when I finished at college. However I failed the hearing test as part of the medical. Was told I could re-apply 6 months later but in that time got myself a job with decent pay and ended up out on the piss all the time and never did.
A massive regret but I think things panned out for the better in the end.

I was very close to joining the Navy. Didn't think I would react well to unthinking obedience so sidestepped it but often wonder what my life would have been had I followed it through. One of those crossroads moments.

Great great grandfather was skipper on armed merchant vessel in WW1. Sunk by U Boat off Irish coast but survived. Great grandfather took his barge to Dunkirk. Lifted hundreds off the beaches. Grandfather served Fleet Air Arm in Far East in WW2. I joined the army. That side of the family near disowned me. Five years after leaving, I re-joined :) Loved it. Both stints. Gave me loads of opportunity and made me more well rounded than if I’d stayed and grew up at home.

Back