Did something rather stupid today

Mathew's Triax 60Lbs and a HHA multi-pin sight, always fancied recurve but its far more difficult shooting fingers than a release.

I had a compound, got it between the recurve and longbow, then obviously went the complete opposite direction. I'm a pretty terrible shot with anything to be fair I just like the natural movement of a longbow. I'm now more interested in learning to make my own than shooting particularly well and fancy just getting a light # horsebow to shoot with

Shot through my patio window
From the inside as well and perfectly timed on a teams call whilst demonstrating how the gun works, loading etc.
Didn’t realise that the door was pulled up earlier :lol:

How do you explain that to the insurance company. I blamed the Mrs (no) she ducked and cleans the bloody things. Glazier turned up measured and now waiting for a replacement.

You have to laugh.......what a prat.
can i borrow your gun

From the inside as well and perfectly timed on a teams call whilst demonstrating how the gun works, loading etc.

How do you explain that to the insurance company. I blamed the Mrs (no) she ducked and cleans the bloody things. Glazier turned up measured and now waiting for a replacement.

Think yourself lucky there was no one on the other side. Its only a bit of glass and no one was hurt.
Why do you even have a gun?
Because he wants one would be the obvious answer. Bit of a silly question.
Because we shouldn’t need guns in this country? I don’t know anyone with a gun. Why would I need a gun?
People don't always have things because they need them, they often have things because they enjoy having them.

Do you not have anything you don't need? You're being very judgemental :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I wouldn't want to be standing in front of you while you're handling your weapon! :eek:

can i borrow your gun

If you lived nearby yes you could.
Our lass's brother in law was strimming the grass in his garden, caught a stone with it and ended up with pretty much this. He was stood there open mouthed watching as the cracks were still spreading across the door. Was amazing.

That was the first alibi but closer look it was the inside pane that took the impact. Unless we were strimming in the kitchen then a non-starter :)
Definitely this though, the cracks were appearing all over whilst SOT had his head in his hands. Definitely a Richard Head action.
Think yourself lucky there was no one on the other side. Its only a bit of glass and no one was hurt.

Because he wants one would be the obvious answer. Bit of a silly question.

People don't always have things because they need them, they often have things because they enjoy having them.

Do you not have anything you don't need? You're being very judgemental :rolleyes:

Indeed nobody in the garden and without doubt lack of multi tasking.
Who put the window in the way?
I wouldn't want to be standing in front of you while you're handling your weapon! :eek:

Never load it in front of people ;)
Equally always break my shot gun if people are walking towards you.

Last edited:
Mine are very much needed.
Foxes kill my poultry so i shoot the fox. Rabbits destroy my hedges, I shoot the rabbits.
Crows peck the eyes out of my piglets, I shoot the crows

Venison is tasty
Tell me again why only Americans are allowed them? I would argue that they need them less than I do
What happens if someone breaks into your house and shoots you with them?

And a gun safe can be opened very easily with the very mildest of threats.

(So I’ve heard)

What happens if someone breaks into your house and shoots you with them?

And a gun safe can be opened very easily with the very mildest of threats.

(So I’ve heard)
What happens if someone breaks into your house and stabs you with your butter knife?

And a kitchen draw can be opened very easily with the very mildest of threats.

(So I’ve heard)

Couple of years back some heroin addicts decided to tie up and rob an old reclusive geezer and his sister who lived in absolute squalor in a caravan, haven't a clue why but a similar tie-up robbery had been done to the siblings several years previous. The old guy had an unlicensed shotgun, neither he, nor his sis were terrorised that night, but one of the smack heads didn't go home, I saw a few bunches of flowers tied to a tree alongside the path where he died a few weeks later as well as a card with eulogies about what a great guy he was and how much he would be missed, the old geezer didn't miss him. I am not advocating personal defence weapons, the police are there for protection, but it's like the Tony Martin story, nothing to do with the thread, just a local gun tale.

Back