Did/does anyone else

When I think back I was using a chip pan when I was about 10. I often made chips for myself during school holidays. Never had any issues. Sadly, I've never had home cooked chips since my Mam died, hers were par boiled first and were crunchy. I hate the smell of fat cooking, also the reason I don't make home made yorkshires, stinks the place out.

I think I was about 12. I think the chips were too wet as the oil spat when I put the chips in then the whole thing went up. Luckily I knew to turn the electric off and threw a wet tea towel over it so no harm done.

My Grandma did the Yorkshire pudding starter thing.

My Dad liked dipping bread in meat juices.

We used to have a proper chip pan until I accidentally set fire to it so Mam decided it was safer to buy an electrical one.

That's originally what Yorkshire pudding was for. People were poor and it's a good way to eke out egg and milk. In addition you filled up with Yorkshire before the main meal so expensive stuff like meat could be divided up into smaller amounts and everyone was full

My Grandma did the Yorkshire pudding starter thing.

My Dad liked dipping bread in meat juices.

We used to have a proper chip pan until I accidentally set fire to it so Mam decided it was safer to buy an electrical one.
So did mine. She also did steepy peas. Some sort of white tablet went in with the peas and hot water I think. It all got soaked up then put in a bowl and malt vinegar put on. Absolutely lovely. Takes me back to a simpler time just thinking about it.

So did mine. She also did steepy peas. Some sort of white tablet went in with the peas and hot water I think. It all got soaked up then put in a bowl and malt vinegar put on. Absolutely lovely.

My Grandma always had an old blue tupperware bowl with peas steeping in it :D

Even though they were in there for days, they still had the consistency of cannon balls :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put sugar or sweetener in their mushy peas
No
have a loaf tin yorkshire pudding as a starter before there sunday dinner
No
and have a thing me da called dippy....wiping a slice of bread into the meat juices as a snack before dinner
No
Growing up had a chip pan where 90% of the food was cooked in
No
Nee wonder i was a fat kernt
Agree

Put sugar or sweetener in their mushy peas

have a loaf tin yorkshire pudding as a starter before there sunday dinner

and have a thing me da called dippy....wiping a slice of bread into the meat juices as a snack before dinner

Growing up had a chip pan where 90% of the food was cooked in

Nee wonder i was a fat kernt
A little bit of vinegar and a little sugar is the business like

Back