Did/does anyone else

Put sugar or sweetener in their mushy peas

have a loaf tin yorkshire pudding as a starter before there sunday dinner

and have a thing me da called dippy....wiping a slice of bread into the meat juices as a snack before dinner

Growing up had a chip pan where 90% of the food was cooked in

Nee wonder i was a fat kernt

My Dad used to have a slice of bread dipped in meat juices on a Saturday night for his supper whenever Mam decided to cook the Sunday joint of beef the night before. I never felt the need to join him though.

Me Granda always had a loaf tin Yorkshire pudding as his starter before Sunday dinner.
Us grandkids often had a yorkie pud for sweet too either with sugar or treacle on.
Dead posh us...:D

and have a thing me da called dippy....wiping a slice of bread into the meat juices as a snack before dinner

Aye
As a kid, we always had a slice of bread to dip in the meat tray. 👍

My mate's gran, always brought us a couple of small Yorkshire puds, filled with mashed tatie & peas, to keep us kids going, until dinner time.
Any left over Yorkshires, were filled with jam and cream, and eaten as a dessert.

My Dad used to have a slice of bread dipped in meat juices on a Saturday night for his supper whenever Mam decided to cook the Sunday joint of beef the night before. I never felt the need to join him though.
Absolutely delicious 👍

My Grandma did the Yorkshire pudding starter thing.

My Dad liked dipping bread in meat juices.

We used to have a proper chip pan until I accidentally set fire to it so Mam decided it was safer to buy an electrical one.

you scruffy bastard...…. 😕

you scruffy bastard...…. 😕

We used to have a proper chip pan until I accidentally set fire to it so Mam decided it was safer to buy an electrical one.

Im not allowed near fryers since i set chip shop in the metro centre foodcourt on fire

When I think back I was using a chip pan when I was about 10. I often made chips for myself during school holidays. Never had any issues. Sadly, I've never had home cooked chips since my Mam died, hers were par boiled first and were crunchy. I hate the smell of fat cooking, also the reason I don't make home made yorkshires, stinks the place out.

Im not allowed near fryers since i set chip shop in the metro centre foodcourt on fire

Should say i worked there, it wasnt arson

I introduced the wife (no) and her family to roasties and yorkshire puddings. Kind of like the idea they all make them now and will just have no idea in generations to come why they do

Last edited:

Back