Did Christiano Ronaldo need to win a world cup?

Aye they're certainly not dynamic as I've already said that Portugal only won 1 of the 6 games in 90 mins that they played in Euro 2016 against the might Wales in the Semi Final. As for this Nations League Checkatrade trophy, Ronaldo only played the last 2 of the 6 games in the as he didn't play in the 4 league games at all that got them there. He got his hattrick in the semi but was anonymous in the Final.

Saying that, I think he could still win a World Cup if the route was right and the team around him is decent enough as it's not all down to Ronaldo as football is a team game also. If Portugal win the World Cup and he scores 2 goals on route while they draw all the group games, only win 1 game in the 3 knockout stages with a goal against a weak Semi Final opponent and win the Final on pennas then does this instantly make him the GOAT? It may make him unique in the trophy cabinet for sure.
Imagine that this hypothetical final is against Argentina and Messi has had an amazing tournament. he's top scorer, has a couple of hatricks, destroys France in the semi. Then in the final he runs the show, putting chances on a plate for his team mates but shite finishing means it ends nil nil. Portugal win on pens.

Unproven and it was Neymar last week being accused. Nearly every girl on the planet want's his cock and naturally some are just looking for a big pay-out.
Well there is apparently a written confession by Ronaldo. Could be fake. I suspect it will all go away quietly and we'll never know for sure.

To become the best player of all time or is he already?

5x Champions League
5x Ballon d'Or
3x Premier League
2x La Liga
2x League Cup
2x Copa del Rey
2x UEFA Super Cup
1x European Championships
1x FA Cup
1x Serie A
1x Supercoppa Italiana
1x UEFA Nations League

The most goals and assists in both the Champions League & European Championships.

The first player in history to win the Premier League, La Liga & Serie A.
Not a patch on Will Grigg ;)

At his peak brazilian Ronaldo was better :D:D amazes me how many people on here say he was better than the current Ronaldo. Hes not 1/10 of the player cristiano is ,just look at the stats and his goals etc. Ffs

I don’t judge football purely on stats. There was a a couple of years before his knee went when he was unplayable and could do anything. He was scaring all types of goals and was the best player in the world at that moment in time. His knee and his head went so he didn’t sustain it.

If you look at Brazilian Ronaldo’s stats prior to his knee going they were superb - 197 goals in 236 club games.

That compares with Cristiano Ronaldo at the same age having scored 97 on 272 games. Cristiano did improve and sustained his form and stats over a long time but you cannot just dismiss Ronaldo.

More complete as a goalscorer possibly, but Messi is more magical/mesmerizing to watch. That's the difference. Ronaldo is a machine and he's worked hard to get himself there but some of the things Messi pulls off pretty much every week are just unbelievable.

Both unreal players. Both deserve to be discussed as the greatest ever.... but as always it's down to personal tastes/preferences/generation etc. etc.
True like. It's unfair to judge them (Will always happen mind) as they have both done it at the top top level for bloody years now. Total respect for both as footballers. Used to think Ronaldo was a show pony, but he turned himself into a goal machine, who worked harder than probably anyone to get to his level. Roy Keane never has a bad word to say about him as a lad or as a player. He saw the graft he put in.
Messi is just unreal with some of his play, and i can watch him all day long as he can do things you don't think possible.

Back