Did Christiano Ronaldo need to win a world cup?

He usually struggles against English teams in the champions league as well
Can definitely see why people think he might struggle against huddersfield and co when he destroys englands elite clubs practically everytime he plays against them. It makes perfect sense that players who couldnt tie his boots like mane, salah, sterling and hazard absolutely run riot every season aswell :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: seria a is a bigger one horse race than the bundesliga and almost on par with france

Like his double against Liverpool! Without Messi that Barcelona team is the worst they have had since the Rijkaard days.

Glad someone on here has noticed this .i tried telling people the other week and was laughed at. Every time messi doesnt play they lose or draw and when he has an off day they look shocking .

Last edited:

People seem to think his move to Juventus was a new 'challenge' for him.:lol::lol: If he wanted a challenge he'd have gone back to the Premier League.

We were gutted (or atleast I was) to lose the CT final. Just because the dutch were gutted doesn't mean it is a big competition. Tinpot trophy.

Did you want England to win it? I would ahve been delighted.
As I said, you can only win what you're entered into and they've done 2 of 3.

I favour Ronaldo because it almost looks like he battled from the bottom and made it big. Messi seems to have been molded by a big club.

I know neither of these statements are exactly true but I think that’s why I favour Ronaldo

That's it for me aswell, if messi worked as hard as Ronaldo has throughout his life hed be the undisputed best ever by a country mile, thered be no debate

It's like imagine that they're both business men instead of footballers. Ronaldo made billions himself through hard work and determination, messi inherited his family's billions

Last edited:
He’s absolutely quality in champions league because he’s been resting during league games. He wouldn’t get that in England he’d need resting then his goal output would inevitably reduce.
Sane, mahrez, sterling and silva gog plenty rest .guardiola always rests players. Youre talking absolute shite

Unless of course you think hed he playing for everton or the likes the. Youd probably be right about him not getting much rest

That's it for me aswell, if messi worked as hard as Ronaldo has throughout his life hed be the undisputed best ever by a country mile, thered be no debate

It's like imagine that they're both business men instead of footballers. Ronaldo made billions himself through hard work and determination, messi inherited his families billions
Jesus christ :lol:

He could still win one. Portugal, despite not looking overly dynamic now have two European trophies.

Aye they're certainly not dynamic as I've already said that Portugal only won 1 of the 6 games in 90 mins that they played in Euro 2016 against the might Wales in the Semi Final. As for this Nations League Checkatrade trophy, Ronaldo only played the last 2 of the 6 games in the as he didn't play in the 4 league games at all that got them there. He got his hattrick in the semi but was anonymous in the Final.

Saying that, I think he could still win a World Cup if the route was right and the team around him is decent enough as it's not all down to Ronaldo as football is a team game also. If Portugal win the World Cup and he scores 2 goals on route while they draw all the group games, only win 1 game in the 3 knockout stages with a goal against a weak Semi Final opponent and win the Final on pennas then does this instantly make him the GOAT? It may make him unique in the trophy cabinet for sure.

Sane, mahrez, sterling and silva gog plenty rest .guardiola always rests players. Youre talking absolute shite

Unless of course you think hed he playing for everton or the likes the. Youd probably be right about him not getting much rest

Jesus christ :lol:

Yeah so you’re agreeing with me then, he’d need resting over here like the players you mentioned, in Spain he plays every game because he can rest during them, which will enhance his chances of scoring goals, over here he’d need to be on the bench to get a rest because the opposition even at the lower end of the league is far stronger.

When did players being loyal become a stick to beat them with?

Our fans cried like kids when maja left :lol::lol:

Messi has been at barca since he was 8.

Ronaldo was hardly going to stay at sporting his whole career was he

Comparing Maja to this is like chalk n cheese mate.

Messi has won continually at Barca to that an extent, I'm sure he must have thought about moving on many times, he hasn't and part of that is probably down to being loyal, another part will be that he has a lot of say at Barca.

I'll go back to my original post in which I stated (in my opinion) in why I thought Ronaldo shaded it.

It's like imagine that they're both business men instead of footballers. Ronaldo made billions himself through hard work and determination, messi inherited his family's billions
That’s absolute horeshit mind. How do you know how hard Messi does or doesn’t work?

Yeah so you’re agreeing with me then, he’d need resting over here like the players you mentioned, in Spain he plays every game because he can rest during them, which will enhance his chances of scoring goals, over here he’d need to be on the bench to get a rest because the opposition even at the lower end of the league is far stronger.
He doesnt play every single game at all. Honest mate youre talking pure shit like.

He starts loads of games on the bench these days for barca. Rarely plays in the cups.

There are hundreds of reasons to be given for ronaldo being better than him id imagine but very few are being used on this thread

He’a a superb player but he’s not the best player in the world currently so can’t be the best of all time.

I’m not 100% sure he’s be in the top 3 in my lifetime. Certainly behind Messi and Maradona and arguably behind Zidane. At his peak I think Brazilian Ronaldo was also better although that was a brief period.
At his peak brazilian Ronaldo was better :D:D amazes me how many people on here say he was better than the current Ronaldo. Hes not 1/10 of the player cristiano is ,just look at the stats and his goals etc. Ffs

Aye they're certainly not dynamic as I've already said that Portugal only won 1 of the 6 games in 90 mins that they played in Euro 2016 against the might Wales in the Semi Final. As for this Nations League Checkatrade trophy, Ronaldo only played the last 2 of the 6 games in the as he didn't play in the 4 league games at all that got them there. He got his hattrick in the semi but was anonymous in the Final.

Saying that, I think he could still win a World Cup if the route was right and the team around him is decent enough as it's not all down to Ronaldo as football is a team game also. If Portugal win the World Cup and he scores 2 goals on route while they draw all the group games, only win 1 game in the 3 knockout stages with a goal against a weak Semi Final opponent and win the Final on pennas then does this instantly make him the GOAT? It may make him unique in the trophy cabinet for sure.

You probably need 2- 4 genuine world class players to win a World Cup and without him Bernardo Silva looks proper top notch (I know I've been hanging in about him, Im not related to him - honest), the lad Man City are after is apparently superb and you've still got Neves and Moutinho who are a bit below that level. As you say, with the right draw, they'd certainly have a chance.

He doesnt play every single game at all. Honest mate youre talking pure shit like.

He starts loads of games on the bench these days for barca. Rarely plays in the cups.

There are hundreds of reasons to be given for ronaldo being better than him id imagine but very few are being used on this thread

The fact they didn’t have to pump Ronaldo full of drugs as a kid is a major one I would have thought, top and bottom of it Ronaldo the better player simple as that and if he’d played in Spain all his career he’d be way in front of messi on goals and barn doors

Unbelievable isn't it? Going to Man Utd, Real Madrid and the Juventus. Even Altidore instead of Ronaldo or Rodwell instead of Messi would have won trophies at those 3 clubs :lol: :lol:

Ronaldo has moved around and done it everywhere he's been.

Messi has stayed in his comfort zone of being at the best club in the world.

I doubt I'll see many better players than them two come thru in the rest of my lifetime but if I had to pick one, then I'd pick Ronaldo.

That’s absolute horeshit mind. How do you know how hard Messi does or doesn’t work?

By watching him play, when things arent going his way he will sulk instead of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and making things go his way. That's why hes no where near the level he is with barca when playing for Argentina, hes usually sulking

I think messi is the second best player of all time. Ronaldo is first

Last edited:
The fact they didn’t have to pump Ronaldo full of drugs as a kid is a major one I would have thought, top and bottom of it Ronaldo the better player simple as that and if he’d played in Spain all his career he’d be way in front of messi on goals and barn doors
There it is :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Messi scored more goals than ronaldo in the period he was at real madrid so yet more bullshit .

Next??

Did you want England to win it? I would ahve been delighted.
As I said, you can only win what you're entered into and they've done 2 of 3.

Yes, a lot less than I wanted Sunderland to win the CT though.

The only England game I watched of the entire nations league (iirc) was the 2nd half/extra time of the Swiss game. Thinking about it, it's possibly the only nations league game I watched. Tinpot.

Unbelievable isn't it? Going to Man Utd, Real Madrid and the Juventus. Even Altidore instead of Ronaldo or Rodwell instead of Messi would have won trophies at those 3 clubs :lol: :lol:

As I said in another post, going to Juventus and claiming it was a challenge is ludicrous. Should have went back to England if he wanted a challenge.

Last edited:
You can argue who is the better goalscorer out of the two, it’s Messi but you can at least argue it. It’s a non debate who is a better footballer though, Messi is streets ahead in terms of dribbling ability, vision, passing etc. The stats show it but you don’t need them, you just need eyes really

By watching him play, when things arent going his way he will sulk instead of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and making things go his way. That's why hes no where near the level he is with barca when playing for Argentina, hes usually sulking

I think messi is the second best player of all time. Ronaldo is first
The amount of hames barca have won because messi has "grabbed them by the scruff of the neck" while barca have been struggling is ridiculous

Yet more lies

Back