Did Christiano Ronaldo need to win a world cup?

everstar

Striker
To become the best player of all time or is he already?

5x Champions League
5x Ballon d'Or
3x Premier League
2x La Liga
2x League Cup
2x Copa del Rey
2x UEFA Super Cup
1x European Championships
1x FA Cup
1x Serie A
1x Supercoppa Italiana
1x UEFA Nations League

The most goals and assists in both the Champions League & European Championships.

The first player in history to win the Premier League, La Liga & Serie A.

To people who prefer Messi. Is there anything Ronaldo could do to surpass him? If he won another champions league and European Championships before he retired?

He’a a superb player but he’s not the best player in the world currently so can’t be the best of all time.

I’m not 100% sure he’s be in the top 3 in my lifetime. Certainly behind Messi and Maradona and arguably behind Zidane. At his peak I think Brazilian Ronaldo was also better although that was a brief period.

Definitely not. Hes been unfortunate that Portugal have always been a bit short at world cups. They nearly got to the final in 2006.

One man can't win a World Cup on his own this despite the myth that Maradona did it for Argentina. They had a very, very good team.

his heading ability makes him better than Messi for me like, a more complete footballer.
Messis dribbling, passing, freekicks, assists, goals scored amd general all round game make him slightly better

Anybody who cant see that messi is a more " complete footballer " must be watching a different sport

Ronaldo is the ultimate poacher and hes ridiculous at it but messi scores still scores more goals than him......

his heading ability makes him better than Messi for me like, a more complete footballer.
By that logic, messi is a far better playmaker. He plays deep these days, get loads of assists and still outscored Ronaldo.

Messis dribbling, passing, freekicks, assists, goals scored amd general all round game make him slightly better

Anybody who cant see that messi is a more " complete footballer " must be watching a different sport

Ronaldo is the ultimate poacher and hes ridiculous at it but messi scores still scores more goals than him......
Juventus just had their worst season in about 5 years after buying Ronaldo to win the CL.

By that logic, messi is a far better playmaker. He plays deep these days, get loads of assists and still outscored Ronaldo.

Juventus just had their worst season in about 5 years after buying Ronaldo to win the CL.
Hes a f***ing great player but teams often have to set up a certain way to get the best out of him and it isnt always to the benefit of the team

His all round game doesnt does come close to messis imo.

More complete as a goalscorer possibly, but Messi is more magical/mesmerizing to watch. That's the difference. Ronaldo is a machine and he's worked hard to get himself there but some of the things Messi pulls off pretty much every week are just unbelievable.

Both unreal players. Both deserve to be discussed as the greatest ever.... but as always it's down to personal tastes/preferences/generation etc. etc.

Last edited:

Back