Diamond retro Rowell strip

Tom Ritchie's photo on the website is also the same as Cummins, red diamonds on white stripe. The Cummins photo on the website is the 1980/81 version and from the Palace game March 14th 1981. You can't clearly see Allardyce but given he was only with the 1980/81 season then that photo of him on the website is the Arsenal game from December 13th 1980.

So the one on the website definitely has the wrong diamond strip colour for 1980/81. Thanks to @DH4, I found a MOTD from 1981 which is when we played Southampton on January 31st 1981. This is a freeze frame of our new January 1981 signing Tom Ritchie coming on and you can clearly see the red diamonds on white stripe.

Logon or register to see this image

Here's the game and at the very start you see Cummins with the whiter umbro stripe, also fiddling with his knackers :lol:

Here's the Rowell version with the white diamonds on the red stripe. There's still seems to be less red on these than the one of the website as the red triangles look smaller and the cuffs have 2 even red stripes but the website has a smaller inner red stripe.

Logon or register to see this image

It's from this video just after he tucks away the penna just before 8 mins in the video :cool:

This is a picture of Cummins in both versions. You can see the left one has white on red and the top itself is a 'duller' material. The right one is the red on white and the 'silky' version as @DH4 also mentioned about the 1980/81 strip.

It's sold out now anyway! :lol::lol:

Ive been in touch and they will be making more of the Rowell kit in about 3 months, once they have sold the yellow hummel effort. In the meantime, I call upon anyone with the contacts, to track down and find out who was responsibe for the white on red / red on white diamond controversy. Our club has been through enough, without this new issue. :eek:

I sent them an email today as got one on 9th March saying it had been shipped then another on 25th March saying it had been shipped. The tracking number comes back with "no data found". No answer to the email yet either although it was only a few hours ago.

I sent them an email today as got one on 9th March saying it had been shipped then another on 25th March saying it had been shipped. The tracking number comes back with "no data found". No answer to the email yet either although it was only a few hours ago.
Got an email back saying the tracking will not show any information until it has cleared the Covid-19 disinfectant procedures and delivery is currently 5-6 weeks due to that.

Back