Diamond Lights

Better footballers than they were singers like, although in fairness it was atypical record of the time.

Hoddle was a magnificent footballer. Looked every inch a top class player. I wonder how highly the Spurs fans rate him eg top 10 ever for them? Saw his England debut v Bulgaria. Scored a raker from about 20 yards. Original game was fogged off.

As for Waddler, SAFC fan. Good enough for me and carved out a good career for himself. the Marseille fans still rate him highly.
I was down in London for the fogged off match. Had a great day but getting back was a nightmare. Still have never seen England play.

I was down in London for the fogged off match. Had a great day but getting back was a nightmare. Still have never seen England play.
Yes it was originally scheduled for the wednesday but didnt get played until the Thursday. I saw 2 incidents that night inside the stadium and outside - one ended up with me getting my eye split open from a fracas with some England skinheads who were looking for a gang of black lads who had hammers et al inside their donkey jackets. inside the ground the NF ran amok at the back of the stadium, and attacked some spurs fans chanting for hoddle.

Oee of my mates lived with his family at Surbiton. We stayed with them. It was an eventful trip from my mate spewing up on the train circa 10am at Durham, pissed as a fart until the time we got back.

I saw Hoddle play in a league game at Mansfield, it was raining and he kept asking for a towel for his hair.

The home support murdered him :lol:

I've been having fun with the trivia question "who was the only British singer to have hits with seven different acts in the 1980s" ever since.

Back