Di Canio or Poyet

would anybody have either back?

I'm thinking interms of consolidating this season and building for next. Then rebuilding for next.

Discipline and fitness is currently lacking and Paolo would bring that.

But its Gus for me. I think he would turn it around.

Get back on the Gus bus 😎

Not Poyet who played boring football
Watching Poyet's team was like watching Liverpool in comparison to the dross Parkinson is serving up. And yes, I know Poyet's and PP's squads are light years apart but Parkinson's tactics are Northern League at best, Sunderland CUI Sunday League at worst (there's one for the oldies).

Watching Poyet's team was like watching Liverpool in comparison to the dross Parkinson is serving up. And yes, I know Poyet's and PP's squads are light years apart but Parkinson's tactics are Northern League at best, Sunderland CUI Sunday League at worst (there's one for the oldies).
Poyet served some real Sh1te football. Parked the bus all night long. Thought he should be good, but it was so boring to watch.

Paolo Di Canio would still be SAFC Manager if I'd owned the club never mind getting him back. Black Sunday when Short sacked him was the day the journey to the mess we're in now was begun.

Fail Parkinson I can see being at the club for years sadly. So this question is a purely hypothetical one. If I had to choose between one of the other I would go for Di Canio. Poyet got the best out of a poor team as we clearly need a manager to do now. But Di Canio lit a fire under the arses of the players - or I like to think so. He managed them, as I like to think, with a bit of passion. He spoke with passion anyway. We need that more I think. Players who play like they give a shit.

in fairness, there is a reason neither are currently working in the UK, or haven't been for some time
Poyet has been too busy managing teams like Real Betis and Bordeaux to be working in the UK.

61% win rate at Bordeaux too, only sacked because he criticised the board for selling players behind his back.

Last edited:

Back