DHL Duty & VAT charge

Wait for a proper letter through the post, don't go off a text which to me sounds like as scam.
If you have the parcel, then do nowt.
If it was legit, then they would be asking you for money BEFORE releasing the parcel to you.

It's definitely coming from DHL, the texts are from the same number I was getting the tracking updates from and there's a link to go online and pay up.

It's definitely coming from DHL, the texts are from the same number I was getting the tracking updates from and there's a link to go online and pay up.

Don't do it marra.
Ignore it.
Wait for a letter through the door, they know your address.

If they threaten bailiffs etc, then you have to be informed by letter before they arrive anyway.

The link might be blocked by your internet supplier - then you will know it's dodgy.

You have the parcel, so let them worry.

Some of it will be as DHL will charge a fee for collecting the money for Customs.

If you don’t pay it, I suspect it will be passed to debt collectors
Aye we’ll of course but the point is you can’t just pay half of it and not the handling charge.

Standard DHL practice. They pay the VAT at 20% at customs clearance plus they add a disbursement of £11-£17 handling and bill you later. My last one was 4 weeks after receipt of the item from Creation Watches. You should build the cost of VAT into the cost of the item and ask yourself if it's still worth the price getting it from Singapore. It's not a scam and they will come after you.

Ordered something online from Singapore. Already received it, but now they're texting me saying I need to log-in online and pay a charge of £42.

Can I just ignore them/tell them to fuck off? It's not as if they can keep my parcel hostage or owt.

The fact you already have it makes me think it's a scam tbh.

If there are charges to pay its held and you have to pay to release.

Back