DFS Delivery times

This is across the industry these problems. Covid is a massive issue because it has caused a backlog, then Brexit and trade issues and now the HGV shortage. At work we’ve been waiting on deliveries since March, but these big companies have always took money before the product has been made or in their hands and it’s always been allowed with no issues

DFS are shite anyway, you should have found yourself an independent sofa / furniture maker and bought something off them.

DFS / SCS / Furniture Village et all just sell mass produced shite at massively inflated prices in relation to quality, whereas an independent will very likely build all of their own stuff and will rely heavily on feedback / word of mouth for business so won't mess about with tatt. And they'll have likely been able to sort you out in next to no time.
Over the last 20 or so years I’ve had two from Dfs and one from furniture village. No bother at all. Just gave 2 sofas away after 10 or so years still in superb condition.only fault….Jesus they’re heavy.

Last edited:
Still haven’t received our sofa, 20 weeks on.
geezer from shop rang yesterday to say the van didn’t turn up with it at their distribution centre and he’s ringing greys the haulage company today to find out where it is as he has no idea.
Also, he told us it was handmade in the UK, for us later to find out it’s made in China. Went in and kicked off with them and managed to get £200 back, bit of a joke really. When you look at their socials, it’s just thousands of comments of unhappy customers.

I had some furniture due off another company that was ordered in January for August.
The day before it was due I got an email to sort a time out, when I logged in it said the earliest was January 2022.

I got another email a few days later, logged in again and got it delivered the next week.

The world’s gone nuts.

Ordered our 1st August, should be getting delivered Saturday. That’s a good 4 months like.

Reading this thread I’ll believe it’s here when it’s here.

Back