Detectorists

I’ll probably force myself to enjoy it, because everything MC has done since he starred in the original run of Jerusalem and got his bug for the English landscape has been fantastic, and I want this to be good.

As I get older, I realise that perfect things are rare, and unless someone is absolutely certain, should be left to heal in their glory.

Really disappointed. Not surprised.
As I get older, I realise that perfect things are rare, and unless someone is absolutely certain, should be left to heal in their glory.

Really disappointed. Not surprised.
Bask. Not heal.

Last edited:
Cant find on catch up

Watched it last night, when you search for Detectorists on the iplayer it's the first thing highlighted, you have the option of the previous series below but the special should be the one already highlighted.

I really enjoyed it, will be watching it a few times more.

Watched it last night, when you search for Detectorists on the iplayer it's the first thing highlighted, you have the option of the previous series below but the special should be the one already highlighted.

I really enjoyed it, will be watching it a few times more.
I'll look on there
i tend to use Sky catch up BBC Section
thanks

Ok, questions

Why on earth were they trying to scare us into thinking his wife and kids died in a house fire? Is that really the type of show this is?

Why was Lance an absolute prick for first half? Just to redeem himself later? That's not an excuse

Why make his wife out to be a failure? Didn't get the job, reacted poorly etc. Again, just to have a redemption moment at the end? No.

Did a show about being gentle and fun really need to go after the Holy Grail ffs?

Ok, questions

Why on earth were they trying to scare us into thinking his wife and kids died in a house fire? Is that really the type of show this is?

Why was Lance an absolute prick for first half? Just to redeem himself later? That's not an excuse

Why make his wife out to be a failure? Didn't get the job, reacted poorly etc. Again, just to have a redemption moment at the end? No.

Did a show about being gentle and fun really need to go after the Holy Grail ffs?

Lance was being turned by his possession, like Gollum.

The wife had had her mother die, her house burn down, and her career was messing up, ruling out on a job that Andy was hoping would help pay for stuff as he continued to just drift about being looked after by her. No wonder she thought ‘sod it’.

Thought the grail was a nice twist.

These one-offs are prone to fail, but I thought that one was canny. Not as good as the series, but perfectly fine.

Lance was being turned by his possession, like Gollum.

The wife had had her mother die, her house burn down, and her career was messing up, ruling out on a job that Andy was hoping would help pay for stuff as he continued to just drift about being looked after by her. No wonder she thought ‘sod it’.

Thought the grail was a nice twist.

These one-offs are prone to fail, but I thought that one was canny. Not as good as the series, but perfectly fine.
as she had done in real life ( Diana Rigg )

Back