Detectorists (BBC4)

A very good understated British comedy imo.
Mackenzie Crook & Toby Jones are both brilliant actors and it's definitely worth a watch
I love it.

They are so childish with S&G :lol:

I think it is genius, why it hasn't got a much higher profile is beyond me
Because there’s no stupid laughter track and over the top BBC usual shite

Last edited:
I love it.

They are so childish with S&G :lol:

Because there’s no stupid laughter track and over the top BBC usual shite

I loved it in one of the earlier episodes when Lance was walking away from them slowly, staring at them saying (i think) "i know you are but what about me?" :lol:
So childish but brilliant.

I was gutted to read this was the last series, i didn't know at the time but it was quite obvious after watching the final episode.
Would've just been nice to see their faces when they walked past the tree

What do you mean ‘nowt really happens’? The gold coins started raining from the nest. As the shot panned away you could see that they had found them.[/QUOT

Meant the whole episode,like all the other episodes its all the stuff that happens while they wait for something to happen.
The treasure falling at the end shows it was never about the Gold.

I think he's on about other tv series...
?? missing word round ?

I loved it in one of the earlier episodes when Lance was walking away from them slowly, staring at them saying (i think) "i know you are but what about me?" :lol:
So childish but brilliant.

I was gutted to read this was the last series, i didn't know at the time but it was quite obvious after watching the final episode.
Would've just been nice to see their faces when they walked past the tree
:lol: That’s the bits I love.
“morning losers”

“Who you?”

:lol: So childish

BUMP.

Loved series 1 & 2 and just binge watched 3... Absolutely sublime.

Best comedy I have seen since Early Doors.

Anybody else realise the character names of Simon & Garfunkel are actually Peters & Lee (some of you may have to ask the elders in your family) :lol:

Yeah. I think it only comes up once (they gave their real names to the police at some point).

BUMP.

Anybody else realise the character names of Simon & Garfunkel are actually Peters & Lee (some of you may have to ask the elders in your family) :lol:

Yes. It was a great touch. :lol: as subtle as all the other little gems in it.

Detectorists was sublime, agreed. Using the past tense there as Mackenzie Crook has said there won't be anymore, but I'm not so sure... I reckon he will go back to it one day.

Yeah. I think it only comes up once (they gave their real names to the police at some point).

I watch the repeats again over the holidays and in addition to the reference to Witness in the gazebo scene, I'm pretty sure there's a very subtle nod to Bullitt in the scene where Lance chases S&G on their scooter in his TR7.

I hope so anyway.

BUMP.

This man knows what's what - referencing the excellent Detectorists with the all time underated classic that is Early Doors.

You sir, know your onions.

Back