Detectorists (BBC4)

Cheeky!

Theme tune is great, I like Flynn. I think he's brothers with your man out of GOT, Jerome Flynn.
Half brother. Not that I have made a study of the younger Flynn or anything. :oops: :lol: But I have seen him on the stage - rather good and am addicted to all of his albums. Great talent. I was rather irritated his recent tour didn't come further North.

I think it is genius, why it hasn't got a much higher profile is beyond me
Don't think it helps that the bbc stuck it on bbc 4 rather than 1 or 2 and don't advertise it. I stumbled across it on netflix and watch both series back to back and thought it was excellent. I didn't even know it was coming back on until I saw this thread.

I absolutely loved the first series and I wondered how they could ever eclipse it... they couldn't.

I'll watch series 3 all the same though as series 2 was still better than most of the garbage that's on tv.

Emma Peel(Diana Rigg) plays the part of Andy's mother-in-law.

Andy's "wife" in the programme is Diana Riggs daughter Rachel Stirling who in real life is married to Guy Garvey(Elbow).

And finally......Mackenzie Crook was born in Maidstone:cool:

I especially like the theme song. Johnny Flynn. :cool: I think he appeared in it once in a bit part.

Very melancholic and sad but also an uplifting tune in equal measure- lovely guitar playing

Last edited by a moderator:

Back