Despondant, no not yet

123daveyboy

Full Back
I was at Hartlepool for the pre season last year, and came out thinking what a heap of crap. And yet we could have had auto promotion if we hadn't had such a poor end to the season.
So give it time, window doesn't close till end of august then we should have an idea of what may be.

I was at Hartlepool for the pre season last year, and came out thinking what a heap of crap. And yet we could have had auto promotion if we hadn't had such a poor end to the season.
So give it time, window doesn't close till end of august then we should have an idea of what may be.
We won't have Maja to bail us out in the first half of the season

Nah you have to stamp your feet and cry now and say how shit Ross and the owners are.
That's pretty f***ing pathetic that, mind..

Are you doing that yourself, seeing as you can't stand other people having a different opinion?

Last edited:
I think waiting until the end of the window carries more of a risk as opposed to increasing our chances of finding a bargain. Teams know you're desperate for players, even more so if you've started the season slowly. It's only useful if you're not desperate for players and a deal arrises that is too good to say no to. We're not in this position, our strikeforce stinks and we still need to improve other areas.

Nah you have to stamp your feet and cry now and say how shit Ross and the owners are.

Lying down and accepting shite didn't exactly help our cause did it? Fans called for protests long before things truly got out of hand, those fans were shot to pieces, now look at where we are.

It's not all doom and gloom, but our current team is not strong enough to win the league, I hope the board realise this and are actively doing something about it behind the scenes. We can't afford to spend another season in this league after this one.

Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing to be despondent about. The season hasn't even started and transfer window not shut.

I'm convinced there are lots of posters on here that want us to have a bad start.

Having seen all 3 pre season games I’m a little concerned but it’s not all doom and gloom.
I like the fact we are pressing the opposition high up the field and the fact we are trying to play out from the back.
In the final 1/3 we aren’t really moving the ball around quick enough and aren’t creating any real clear cut chances.
As Ross says we have 2 weeks before the first league game and he has time to work on things, we also have time to bring in reinforcements in central midfield who will increase our pace and creativity.
I’m sure the manager can see what I can and will be working on it.
It will also be a test of Donalds resolve and ability in the transfer market to back up his promises in pre season.

Complains when people have a go at him yet prevokes a reaction from others and also as you say what a miserable bugger
Chops lad, I noticed you have followed him around a few times, whatever has went on in the past, ignore it and let’s have a debate. You are just doing what you are accusing him of being guilty of. Move on and if anything is said out of turn, let the mods deal with it. Ive finally got older and wiser myself, it’s took a while like, but I am a cantankerous argumentative, old bastard

We've got one friendly left to get the system sorted and get them match fit. Yes that's one friendly. Of all the shite pre seasons that we've had, this has been one hell of a monumental fuck up even by Sunderlands standards.

I don't think it'll matter.

Ross is too negative.

I think he'll be out by Xmas. Hope I'm wrong and we are 10 points clear.

I doubt it though
Ross has made all the right noises this summer so I’m feeling strangely optimistic that he knows the issues that need to be resolved. I’m at a loss how it took him until the summer to work it out kind you.

We could but we didn’t we threw away promotion more cheaply than any Sunderland team I ever saw. I can take a bad start and a strong finish but to get progressively worse, as we did, concerns me. If that trend continues we will be bottom half.

Ross has made all the right noises this summer so I’m feeling strangely optimistic that he knows the issues that need to be resolved. I’m at a loss how it took him until the summer to work it out kind you.
But the money to put them right isn’t there. I cannot see this squad making such a great recovery.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone would take any notice of pre season results, they mean nothing when the season starts

Back