Derwent Resevoir Duathlon

Aye, I imagine not many people just go out and buy everything in one go like. I’m doing my bike training on a gravel bike at the minute.

Next thing to get is a wetsuit I think. I have a membership at Chester baths but I’m not fast enough for the fast lane and get stuck behind people doing breaststroke in the medium lane, so my plan is to start swimming up and down the Wear behind the cricket ground.
I wouldn’t go swimming in the Wear mate , it’s too risky and it can be minging , stick to pool and if want outdoor try Roker harbour . I have a wetsuit if ever want to borrow it for one off so long as don’t tear it 🙂 , I can’t run but if was in your position would def try a tri club

Kielder Duathlon today. Weather was biblical, soaked to the skin before the start line.

The bike ride was more like white water rafting. Great event though, my best run off the bike to date.

Looking forward to an “off season”.

Did this event again today. 10 minutes faster than last year. Bike leg was almost identical but saved 3 mins on 10k and 7 mins on 5k. Paced and nutritioned (I know that’s not a word) much better than last time.

Would’ve had a 10k PB if the run wasn’t 100m short. Can’t wait to do it on a road bike and see how much faster I can go.

Chuffed to bits. Off for a curry and a few pints tonight.

Did this event again today. 10 minutes faster than last year. Bike leg was almost identical but saved 3 mins on 10k and 7 mins on 5k. Paced and nutritioned (I know that’s not a word) much better than last time.

Would’ve had a 10k PB if the run wasn’t 100m short. Can’t wait to do it on a road bike and see how much faster I can go.

Chuffed to bits. Off for a curry and a few pints tonight.
Well done, i was doing a sportive down that way and seen a load of people doing the sprint

Well done, i was doing a sportive down that way and seen a load of people doing the sprint

Think there was 120 duathletes today. Was really good, especially me who is towards the end of the field. Last time they were dismantling everything before I finished the bike. Just being on the bike course and seeing other people spurs me on.

The first finishers will be back in sunderland and in the pub before I’m done😂

Back