Derwent Resevoir Duathlon

Last edited:
Well done Pattie lad 😬

join a tri club ? @D.A Will help you , he the man

Rocker , Over 50 enall , fittest fella in Sunderland , possibly

I’m looking into it. There’s a few lads at work who do it in their respective home towns but they’re all crazy fit with all the expensive gear. I’d feel (and look) like a fish out of water.

Don't be daft, my first tri was in a borrowed surf suit, a hybrid bike and running shorts and vest. The more I've done, the more kit I've acquired.

Aye, I imagine not many people just go out and buy everything in one go like. I’m doing my bike training on a gravel bike at the minute.

Next thing to get is a wetsuit I think. I have a membership at Chester baths but I’m not fast enough for the fast lane and get stuck behind people doing breaststroke in the medium lane, so my plan is to start swimming up and down the Wear behind the cricket ground.

Aye, I imagine not many people just go out and buy everything in one go like. I’m doing my bike training on a gravel bike at the minute.

Next thing to get is a wetsuit I think. I have a membership at Chester baths but I’m not fast enough for the fast lane and get stuck behind people doing breaststroke in the medium lane, so my plan is to start swimming up and down the Wear behind the cricket ground.
Do people swim there? I'd be careful, don't go alone. Sun city have a swim on tomorrow at the aquatic if you fancy it, coaching, plenty of lanes.

Do people swim there? I'd be careful, don't go alone. Sun city have a swim on tomorrow at the aquatic if you fancy it, coaching, plenty of lanes.

I’ve seen people kayaking and that there. It’s where the rowing club & sea cadet unit is. I’ve been in plenty when I was younger but just messing about.

I hadn’t heard of sun city till now though. Having a look through Facebook/website now. I’m doing GNR on Sunday so I’m taking it easy this week then I’m away with work for a week, but I’ll try and get along towards the end of the month. Thanks a lot mate.

I’ve seen people kayaking and that there. It’s where the rowing club & sea cadet unit is. I’ve been in plenty when I was younger but just messing about.

I hadn’t heard of sun city till now though. Having a look through Facebook/website now. I’m doing GNR on Sunday so I’m taking it easy this week then I’m away with work for a week, but I’ll try and get along towards the end of the month. Thanks a lot mate.
Any questions, just ask. You can pm if you need.

Back