Derry Girls

I didn't think much of the first episode of the new series. So didn't bother with the rest. But everyone seems to raving about it so guess I ought to go back to it.

The third series was pretty poor, just had something missing. I was thinking they have ruined it by doing more but then the 1 hour finale knocked it out of the park to save the day.
The port rush episode was quality.

Mind they made Barry’s arcade look like Blackpool pleasure beach :lol:

The third series was pretty poor, just had something missing. I was thinking they have ruined it by doing more but then the 1 hour finale knocked it out of the park to save the day.
Agreed, still funny moments but the normal series wasn’t a patch on the other series’. The 1 hour episode was the best of the lot though

It’s taught me more about the peace process than I ever knew and I was a teenager then too. Embarrassing how little I knew really
Finally caught up with it last night and thought the same thing.

Same as the characters in the show our lass was 18 and it was the first time she voted on anything. First I knew of that last night though. I was sat there thinking it was something the parties agreed on and just brought in.

Finally caught up with it last night and thought the same thing.

Same as the characters in the show our lass was 18 and it was the first time she voted on anything. First I knew of that last night though. I was sat there thinking it was something the parties agreed on and just brought in.
No the DUP refused to back it and still don’t.

Although a simple majority was all it needed,it was seen as politically important to get more than 2/3 of Northern Ireland to vote in favour of it, which thankfully they comfortably achieved.

Mo Mowlam and the vital role she had doesn’t seem to be as widely pushed as some of the others involved which is a true shame.

Last edited:

Back