Depression

I'm getting better. I've been moved into "recovery" at Talking Changes. I was getting a weekly session with material to work through online between the appointments. The weekly session has been dropped but I can still access and work through the online stuff and read the notes I made. It's kind of like a safety blanket so it's there if I start to wobble again. If things get worse, I can ask to go back on the weekly sessions. I'm feeling canny at the moment.

I've been tidying up my back garden up and that has helped. Being outdoors and working among nature is good 😎
Things have improved a little dramatically for me all of a sudden. Caught myself the other week thinking aw am in a dead good mood, then puzzling on it - thinking hang on, I have been for a few days n all, what's all this about.

Seeing your post, I pondered I need to move to get something in place for the future as I can crash at an alarming rate.

I have a question for ya actually

It makes massive difference.

Been a while since I have posted here as I've been doing well however have a potential health problem I'm worried about. 3 weeks or so ago I noticed a big lump where my ear and jaw meet. Was hoping it would go away but it hasn't and I'm thinking the worst. Need to register with a GP and make an appointment hopefully for next week.

Hopefully it's nothing but I have a phobia of going to the doctor as it is.

It makes massive difference.

Been a while since I have posted here as I've been doing well however have a potential health problem I'm worried about. 3 weeks or so ago I noticed a big lump where my ear and jaw meet. Was hoping it would go away but it hasn't and I'm thinking the worst. Need to register with a GP and make an appointment hopefully for next week.

Hopefully it's nothing but I have a phobia of going to the doctor as it is.
Hope you get it looked at and try not to worry about going to doctors as they are there to help you. They can also help you in so many ways nows through signposting ie counselling,physio,dietary help . Remember a problem shared is a problem halved.

Hope you get it looked at and try not to worry about going to doctors as they are there to help you. They can also help you in so many ways nows through signposting ie counselling,physio,dietary help . Remember a problem shared is a problem halved.
Cheers. I'm going to get registered on Monday and hopefully will be able to get straight in.

Things have improved a little dramatically for me all of a sudden. Caught myself the other week thinking aw am in a dead good mood, then puzzling on it - thinking hang on, I have been for a few days n all, what's all this about.

Seeing your post, I pondered I need to move to get something in place for the future as I can crash at an alarming rate.

I have a question for ya actually

Pleased things are getting better. Fire away!
Cheers. I'm going to get registered on Monday and hopefully will be able to get straight in.

Definitely get it checked but it could be nothing. I've got a lump on the back of one of my shoulders. It's been checked and it's probably just a fatty deposit. The doc said give it a quick feel every so often and as long as it stays the same size and it doesn't start weeping or change colour, then just ignore it. I think it's been the same for about 15 years now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased things are getting better. Fire away!

Definitely get it checked but it could be nothing. I've got a lump on the back of one of my shoulders. It's been checked and it's probably just a fatty deposit. The doc said give it a quick feel every so often and as long as it stays the same size and it doesn't start weeping or change colour, then just ignore it. I think it's been the same for about 15 years now!
I'm hoping even it isn't anything serious they can get rid of it as it looks awful. Vain I know but a couple of people mentioned it over the last week or so.

My eldest has been in a bad way over the last few years. He was diagnosed with depression and PTSD linked to abuse he suffered as a child. He's had a few bad breakdowns, including periods where he's had to move back home again as he couldn't cope.

He's battled on at uni as he was determined to finish his degree. He got his results today and he's managed to graduate with first class honours in Business and IT. I cannot put into words how proud I am of him.

He's starting a graduate teaching programme in September with a placement at a local school.

My eldest has been in a bad way over the last few years. He was diagnosed with depression and PTSD linked to abuse he suffered as a child. He's had a few bad breakdowns, including periods where he's had to move back home again as he couldn't cope.

He's battled on at uni as he was determined to finish his degree. He got his results today and he's managed to graduate with first class honours in Business and IT. I cannot put into words how proud I am of him.

He's starting a graduate teaching programme in September with a placement at a local school.
That is just excellent. I don’t know the lad but tell him a randomer on the SMB says well done kidda!

That is a massive achievement. You have obviously did a great job as a parent and should be as proud of yourself as you are of him. Well done to the lad.

A first. That's amazing

You must be so proud. It's hard enough to succeed without the problems he's had. Well done to him.

Hope he goes on the a great career as he sounds like he certainly deserves it. Some achievement that is after what he has gone through. Hope he's still getting the support if he needs it

England get beat I'm ill and now pinged saying I have to self isolate meaning me and parents miss brothers birthday Wednesday and they have to make childcare arrangements for later I feel guilty

Lovely news becs, you're a fabulous mam and your son will feel you're his safe place lovely lady. I hope he's feeling better, he's done you all proud xx

Lovely news becs, you're a fabulous mam and your son will feel you're his safe place lovely lady. I hope he's feeling better, he's done you all proud xx

He's been through this weekend. Rang yesterday and asked if he could come home as he fancied a soak in the bath! Mam and other son came over this afternoon and we've had a lovely day. Walked the dogs locally then just sat around at mine nattering. It's the little things 😎

He's been through this weekend. Rang yesterday and asked if he could come home as he fancied a soak in the bath! Mam and other son came over this afternoon and we've had a lovely day. Walked the dogs locally then just sat around at mine nattering. It's the little things 😎
Sounds lovely becs, I'm glad you all had a fabulous time my friend XXX I have a high sleeper to dismantle tomorrow, I pray to God it's not as hot as it's been today 😰🌞

Didn’t expect to be back on this thread but seems that things getting back to normal hasn’t been the best. Realised that things aren’t going to get back to anything like normal for me and two years of my life have disappeared. Now feel quite depressed- could do with some time away/holiday but no inclination to go anywhere on my own.

Back